Search the forum,

Discuss Any real difference between taps rated at 0.1 and 0.2 bar? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I want to replace kitchen mixer, single lever tap, in rental flat, and not make flow any worse on hot, which is gravity fed with approx only 1m head, or 0.1 bar. I'm not sure of rating of current tap, but flow isn't terrible, but tap has been damaged and is now also stiff. Was going to replace cartridge but couldn't dismantle tap on first visit, top was fused on. Might be able to free it but as tap is damaged anyway, thought I'd replace. There don't seem to be any inexpensive taps available locally, (screwfix, b and q, toolstation, grahams, city) rated at 0.1. Have been told there won't be any difference between 0.1 and 0.2. Your experience/advice on this would be appreciated, thanks. Any tap recommendations? BTW, I installed current tap with copper tails, and full bore isolation valves to try and help low pressure.

Reply to Any real difference between taps rated at 0.1 and 0.2 bar? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have just replaced the old bathroom basin mono mixer taps, 2 tap heads, standard compression valve type, to a modern mono mixer single lever type. For some reason the hot water running on the new single lever mono mixer tap is slow flowing compared to the old ones. The cold water running...
Replies
Views
    • Winner
Hi all, I joined today and am a newbie at plumbing DIY. Thought I'd share my experience replacing the stopcock under my sink. The old one looked very corroded around the tap handle. An Anglian Water engineer was at the property measuring my water pressure and flow rate. When he saw the...
Replies
Views
Fitted these new bathroom taps yesterday. Hooked them up to 15mm pipe work which is on a gravity fed system. Upon first use it was obvious the flow rate was much worse than the old taps. Other than the taps themselfs, the only difference was that i had to fit a 15-10 mm reducer from the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone - a mildly amusing situation! I am not plumber but have done few bits at home over the years. At the moment, myself with a few others are looking after a church that is being sold. The current bathroom set up is eighteen years old. In three sets of toilets there are a total of 4...
Replies
Views
Hello All, Hoping for a bit of advice/info in this one: My Setup Small system in apartment with cold tank above hot tank in the hotpress, so fairly low head pressure. Installed a pump about 15 years ago and worked fine until last week (original pump was an Stuart Turner ST55 replaced after...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock