Discuss alpha 240p hot water problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

moogwai

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi chaps, went to a old alpha ocean 240p with the problem of very little hot water(barely luke warm) and beleived it was a problem with the plate heat exchanger as both the micro switches on the divertor manifold were operating fine but the problem still exists!
Now i'm wondering wether to just change the diaphragms on the manifold or renew the whole manifold as i think there may be a blockage as when i took out the plate heat exchanger a lot of magnatite came out with it.
Heating seems to be working fine....just wondering if any of you guys had experienced similar problems on this old boiler and can offer me some advice......and its for a landlord so a boiler change is out of the question although it would be worth it in the long run.

Hi, if getting approx 9.5 l/min & it's operating the micro-switch sweetly & firing up then modulating/cutting down it'll be the plate H/E. especially from what you said. If it's the ocean I think it is the diaphragm's a real pain to change, might be stretched. Can't think whether it's a stat or thermista for dhw, worth checking.

same boiler as baxi 105e,different pcbs,diaprahm easy to change,10 mins max look at the large dhw one,ignore the small one if working to heating,also check dhw ntc,and as you have rightly said suspect plate heat

Thanks guys, i have already changed the plate exhanger to no effect so will change diaphragm and check ntc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to alpha 240p hot water problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My first thought when I heard this fault a combi boiler with hot water but no heating. Was a problem with the stat, controls not making the call...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Hi all, just moved a radiator from one wall to another, straight forward job, heating is working, problem is that on turning on a hot water tap...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some urgent advice. I've Just come home after going out for evening, to discover hallway floor and kitchen floor covered in water. On...
Replies
Views
Our house was built in 2007 and we are the second family to live here - moving in in 2017. The central heating has been working fine - although...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock