Discuss advise on how to carry out a mains flush on my sealed central heating system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Matt22

Hey can any one give me some advise on how to carry out a mains flush on my sealed central heating system. Can I flush it buy using the filling loop to get clean water through the system? Or do I need to connect a hose to a drain off and flush water in through there. Thanks for any help

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you intend to circulate some chemical in the system to loosen up sludge etc. prior to the flush?

you dont want to do this without isolating the boiler.
is it a new installation?

best way is to remove smallest downstairs rad, connect hose to each valve, one to tap,one to grid, isolate flow and return valves under boiler. shut off all rads bar one then slowly open tap to allow water to circulate. when running clear, close off rad and open next one and so on.

a sealed system shouldn't be in need of a flush though really, unless it was a conversion from open vented and flush not done properly then, or at all

you best option is

1.call a local plumber
2.do it your self
3.do it your self and then call a plumber to put it right

usually option 1 is the most cost effective way of getting job done
option two is drain down and wash all rads in the the garden ,but watch out for leaks after refitting all rads .
option 3 is what happens usually and cost the most and is stressful to you and your family .

Its had some sludge remover put in I have found out by a plumber but he never came back to drain it down so has been runing like this for 6months now. So thought I may need to flush it. If I do as Kay-Jay says do I need to isolate the boiler I have heard this can be the tricky bit as the valves on the boilers can be prone to leaking once turned off is this true?

They can do. How old is boiler?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Drain off and refill a couple of times. Circulate water in between drains.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Would you reommend that over flushing through a downstairs raditor then? When you say circulate between drains do you mean fire the heating up for say 15-30 mintues. Thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to advise on how to carry out a mains flush on my sealed central heating system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock