Search the forum,

Discuss advice on central heating using existing heat bank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mickbristol

Hello,

I am using a heat bank type "macdonald Engineer", it is direct and by electricity.
Using for my shower it is doing a great job.
I would like to use it now also for supplying hot water to radiators.

I havent got anything set up yet, this is just to get some advice.

I would imagine a kind of "splitter" right after my hot water outlet of my heat bank would feed the shower on one side, and a central heating pump on the other.
Although the hot water feeding the pump would be at main pressure so im not sure if there is a issue there, would such a set up be possible ?

if yes, could someone send me links, suppliers, brands of equipement i shall look for?

Thanks

I don't know what other peeps think? but I would think that it is a big no no. The heating will be a sealed system and under no circumstances should it be linked up to the hot water store. there may be products out there that will allow it, but I would talk to mcdonalds tech guys for their recommendations and advice before trying anything.

From what you described, I would say no. Hot water and heating should always be separated to prevent contamination, heating water is full of chemicals and contaminants, hot water is considered "potable" water, like drinking water.

You would end up coming out the shower with iron particles in your hair from the radiators

thanks gents, looking back at what i wanted to achieve i now agree... bad idea. thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to advice on central heating using existing heat bank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and plasterboard celling. I have got unvented pressurized RM Cylinders hot water system with 27KW Worchester gas boiler with expansion vessels . When...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
My daughter lives alone in a 3 bed semi in the west country. The house is 20 years old. The central heating and hot water are provided from a Glow-worm gas boiler working in conjunction with a Boilermate 2000. The central heating pipework is microbore. In view of the age of the boiler and...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
My central heating is run off a heat pump ( air to water ) quite expensive to run , So I’m plainning to fit a wood burning with a back boiler to connect to the heating system, So while the wood burning on during winter months it will stop the heat pump for working hard Or not all all . My...
Replies
Views
Hi, We moved into a new property yesterday and are a little baffled by the heating/water tank situation. The previous owners unhelpfully left any kind of instructions/manual and therefore trying to figure out ourselves. We have what looks like a boiler/water tank system (coming from a standard...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock