Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss advice on central heating using existing heat bank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mickbristol

Hello,

I am using a heat bank type "macdonald Engineer", it is direct and by electricity.
Using for my shower it is doing a great job.
I would like to use it now also for supplying hot water to radiators.

I havent got anything set up yet, this is just to get some advice.

I would imagine a kind of "splitter" right after my hot water outlet of my heat bank would feed the shower on one side, and a central heating pump on the other.
Although the hot water feeding the pump would be at main pressure so im not sure if there is a issue there, would such a set up be possible ?

if yes, could someone send me links, suppliers, brands of equipement i shall look for?

Thanks

I don't know what other peeps think? but I would think that it is a big no no. The heating will be a sealed system and under no circumstances should it be linked up to the hot water store. there may be products out there that will allow it, but I would talk to mcdonalds tech guys for their recommendations and advice before trying anything.

From what you described, I would say no. Hot water and heating should always be separated to prevent contamination, heating water is full of chemicals and contaminants, hot water is considered "potable" water, like drinking water.

You would end up coming out the shower with iron particles in your hair from the radiators

thanks gents, looking back at what i wanted to achieve i now agree... bad idea. thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to advice on central heating using existing heat bank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock