Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Advice needed (not a plumber) in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Toilet continuously flushing/cistern filling.
This happens regardless of what else is going on within the house (videos were taken before and after a shower but this happens seemingly randomly and probably happens when no one is home). As a result my water bill has considerably increased but I am a single mum and wanted some advice as to whether or not I could tackle this myself! Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_0621.mov
    11.2 MB
  • IMG_0622.mov
    4.1 MB
  • IMG_0620.mov
    43.8 MB
Could be two things either the ball valve / float valve is sticking / washer gone (this is the thing that lets the water into the tank)

Or the siphon washer has gone / sticking up slightly

My money is on overfilling so ball valve / float valve

Whip the lid off and have a look might lift off if not there two options either the push button unscrews or there’s a screw behind the button they should pull out then you can access the screw etc

I am trying to source a replacement valve for one in my central heating plumbing which has a slow leak. I cant find one anywhere and may be calling it the wrong thing in my searches. (I have photo available if it helps). If is a 22mm in line butterfly valve, but it has a Cross flow (smaller diameter). on one side of the cross flow is a bleed valve, and on the other a cap. can anyone help me identify the valve and where to obtain one?

I am trying to source a replacement valve for one in my central heating plumbing which has a slow leak. I cant find one anywhere and may be calling it the wrong thing in my searches. (I have photo available if it helps). If is a 22mm in line butterfly valve, but it has a Cross flow (smaller diameter). on one side of the cross flow is a bleed valve, and on the other a cap. can anyone help me identify the valve and where to obtain one?

Would need a picture

Reply to Advice needed (not a plumber) in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

60's ranch, with single bathroom. Tile over concrete slab. Toilet is about a foot from exterior brick wall. Vent pipe is in interior wall behind...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm seeking advice on resolving the persistent blockage issues with my downstairs toilet. A year ago, I replaced an 80s close-coupled...
Replies
Views
Needing some advice for recurrent blocked drains in upstairs toilet and sinks/shower. I’ve tracked the drain to under the house and it looks like...
Replies
Views
Hi all, apologies in advance for my ignorance. I have an old style toilet with what I've researched is a ballcock. The toilet was screaming every...
Replies
Views
Hello. I'm redoing 3 bathrooms at the moment and was planning to install RAK rimless toilets with Grohe cisterns/frames for all three based on...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock