Search the forum,

Discuss Wall hung toilet - are RAK any good? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello. I'm redoing 3 bathrooms at the moment and was planning to install RAK rimless toilets with Grohe cisterns/frames for all three based on recommendations from my local bathroom shop. Since then, I've found some reviews that say RAK toilets look great but struggle with flushing anything that's not liquid and that there is often an issue with even toilet paper not going down/skidmarks etc because of the way the pan is designed. Any plumbers on here with experience fitting RAK toilets? Are they all style & no substance? And if so, which brand do you recommend?

It’s more down to rimless design they need decent pressure and a bit of water you start getting issue when your lowering the amount of water that goes into the pan when flushed etc

Roca are a good brand

It’s more down to rimless design they need decent pressure and a bit of water you start getting issue when your lowering the amount of water that goes into the pan when flushed etc

Roca are a good brand
Thank you. Does that essentially mean that all rimless pans will have a similar issue with incomplete flushing/streak marks? Can it be fixed by sticking to factory recommended settings with regards to amount of water (3l/6l)?

Roca looks good & reasonable prices!

I would stick to 6l flush you will find it will struggle with a 3l

Some are designed better

@king of pipes @SimonG have you used rak rimless before?

I would stick to 6l flush you will find it will struggle with a 3l

Some are designed better

@king of pipes @SimonG have you used rak rimless before?
Yes mate I've fitted em wasn't that impressed made in UAE quality wasn't there , last one I fitted was Roca which leaked I'm sorry to say from a misshapen flush pipe outlet but once replaced has been fine , I would personally have a look at a Vitra frame and pans . Kop

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220424-152516.png
    Screenshot_20220424-152516.png
    236.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20220424-152428.png
    Screenshot_20220424-152428.png
    423.2 KB · Views: 9
Fitted loads of RAK stuff, wall hung and closed coupled. Never had any complaints about flushing, and the pottery quality is as good if not better than likes of Roca etc.

TBH for the money you can't beat them.

I’ve fitted rak resort rimless both close coupled and wall hung - found them to be good and no complaints.

Mind you, would you complain to the plumber that you kept leaving skid marks in the loo?

I think with 6l and below flushes, you just have to allow that the loo brush needs to be used more often than in the past.

Hi
Are RAK rimless wall hung pans compatible with most concealed cisterns. Not able to find that information on campatability, Was looking at Geberit Duofix but not sure?

I have fitted Rak wall hung toilets for a good end result the supporting frame needs to be fitted and secured really well and attention to detail is necessary to avoid leakage the Grohe frame and cistern worked well and gave the better flush. Regards Kop

Attachments

• 20190125_091922.jpg
    20190125_091922.jpg
    341.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 20190125_161817.jpg
    20190125_161817.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20190120-114843_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20190120-114843_Photos.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 20190123_172931.jpg
    20190123_172931.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20230511-052934.png
    Screenshot_20230511-052934.png
    229.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20230511-052906.png
    Screenshot_20230511-052906.png
    379 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Have fitted with geberit frame, no issues. Was rak resort rimless, very good at clearing pan and so easy to clean (some ‘rimless’ have channels that are almost rims!?!)

Geberit I always use. Won't use anything else.

Gone off the RAK pans - had a couple of issues with them. Them leaking, they've changed the fixings and people saying they leave skid marks in them 😂 Gone onto Duravit D-Neo Pans now (Same type of money and better quality and Duravit!)

I like Duravit too, but they are really overdoing it on seat prices!!!?

I just put a rak resort wall hung at home and I think it’s excellent. Wasn’t sure on the nylon grub screw fixings and to be honest I couldn’t really understand the measurements they were giving - I did my own thing and fitted it without the “click” (by leaving it long on purpose) and it is rock solid.
They’re Fischer fixings but I didn’t like them, not sure how easy it would be to remove if you ‘clicked’ it, and didn’t see the point of that mechanism anyway?
Was going for happy d2 pan but baulked at price, I’m only going to **** in it!!

I like Duravit too, but they are really overdoing it on seat prices!!!?

I just put a rak resort wall hung at home and I think it’s excellent. Wasn’t sure on the nylon grub screw fixings and to be honest I couldn’t really understand the measurements they were giving - I did my own thing and fitted it without the “click” (by leaving it long on purpose) and it is rock solid.
They’re Fischer fixings but I didn’t like them, not sure how easy it would be to remove if you ‘clicked’ it, and didn’t see the point of that mechanism anyway?
Was going for happy d2 pan but baulked at price, I’m only going to **** in it!!
I'm only paying £240+VAT for Duravit pan and Soft Close seat - I think last time I priced the RAK one it was similar or even more! RAK have shot their prices up recently.

The new RAK fixings are awful. The clicking thing is terrible, then you struggle to get them off. Also when you push them on it pushes the click thing out....stupid idea. The Duravit one is fantastic in comparison!

Yes I notice they’ve recently started doing a few models in coloured boxes with a seat included - good value.
Some of the seats for other models are £180 on their own?!
Oh for the £50 bog in a box! Hideous but functional.

Definitely Geberit for the frames.

I try to avoid/ talk customers out of rimless, have had issues with water splashing out the pan when flushing or the flush not removing the contents of the pan properly.

I fitted 4 Crosswater rimless pans in a house, they sent the wrong pans and I didn't notice. I fitted 3 of them and then the 4th was damaged. Went to get a replacement and they sent the correct one (at this point I discovered the error and the ones we should have had was discontinued so SOL, customer was OK with the fitted ones though.) In typical Crosswater fashion the instructions sucked and it showed an insert in the back of the inlet but orientation was unclear. Tried every orientation plus removing it, removing it splashed the least water. We had an engineer come out to check as 3 out of 4 of the pans splashed and he deemed 2 of them only splashed a little so they wouldn't be changed and one of them would. No joke he deemed water splashing on the floor from the flush of the toilet as acceptable. That same job I had a Crosswater pivoting bath screen fall off the wall 6 months after installation (all fixings still attached to the wall) and smash the pre-finished door, floor with electric ufh and toilet. Again the engineer came out and with a vernier measured the channel width and deemed it was a manufacturing defect which they knew about. The customer leaves their baby on the floor next to the bath every day while bathing, they went absolutely mental that it was a known issue and could have killed their baby with a 50kg screen landing on top of it.

Last edited:
I’m with you , geberit for frames.

Although I have a job coming up with a tece frame, first time I couldn’t convince customer to change to geberit. I’ve never had a problem with geberit and so I’m not looking forward to the unknown!

Reply to Wall hung toilet - are RAK any good? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock