Search the forum,

Discuss Advice on drainage for blocked 2nd story toilets/drains in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Needing some advice for recurrent blocked drains in upstairs toilet and sinks/shower. I’ve tracked the drain to under the house and it looks like there’s some convoluted plumbing done by someone - p traps and not sure if they’re correctly installed.

We clear the blockages with draino but they keep happening. Can someone tell me if these drain pipes are done correctly (we’ve only recently moved in). I’m not a plumber but just needing some advice on whether I need to get someone in to fix. Thanks
E6D9D71F-733C-4ACB-9865-9957DFAA03C8.jpeg

Attachments

• 72E6A8E8-0145-402B-BB5E-707FB116C173.jpeg
    72E6A8E8-0145-402B-BB5E-707FB116C173.jpeg
    341.8 KB · Views: 17
In answer to your question, yes you do need to get a plumber in to sort that out!
The shower is clearly a bodge and will be much improved by configuring the drain better and using a conventional shower trap that can be cleared from inside the shower enclosure.
Get the plumber to check falls on the toilet drains too, as someone that does a bodge like that shower does not point to being a careful worker!

It also looks like the shower tray has been laid directed on the joists, this is not good practice. From below you could infill between the joists with 18mm ply pushed up and then held in place with screwed battens.

Reply to Advice on drainage for blocked 2nd story toilets/drains in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock