Search the forum,

Discuss Acs preparation reassessment in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

carrpaul

Gas Engineer
hi there after a bit of help re ccn1 reassessment , after preparation sample questions / tutorials . have p m kirkgas no joy yet , any chance any one else can e mail me acs prep ? cheers

Hi mate when and where are you doing it? I've got my folder with all the info from last time I sat mine but I have a feeling things have changed in the last 3 years.

ccn1 today, bit of head banging at the stupidity of some of the inane questions, one question appeared 3 times on 3 papers !! you'd think they could get it right and as ever none of the questions seem to be sequential ie flues then vents then pipework then flues!!!!!! The real ****er is when they ask one question that has 2 answers that are right and you always choose the wrong one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pompy trafalger house southampton road . yes was on a old thread yesterday looks like alot has changed just after pointers in the right direction to study

pompy trafalger house southampton road . yes was on a old thread yesterday looks like alot has changed just after pointers in the right direction to study

How soon are you doing it? I can dig out my folder if you wanted to borrow it?

none of my papers resembled those of 5 years back, check you flues in voids etc

I'll dig it out tomorrow. Pm me if you'd like it. My honest advice you'll get all the new info you need during the training and the rest will be in your memory bank somewhere! Ask the questions you need to ask and ignore any know it alls who are on the training with you.

thus far I feel the training offered where I go is a waste of space, all the books are there and in front of you and tbs keep you upto date but I am a tight wad

hi there after a bit of help re ccn1 reassessment , after preparation sample questions / tutorials . have p m kirkgas no joy yet , any chance any one else can e mail me acs prep ? cheers

When did you email me?
Try again

ccn1 today, bit of head banging at the stupidity of some of the inane questions, one question appeared 3 times on 3 papers !! you'd think they could get it right and as ever none of the questions seem to be sequential ie flues then vents then pipework then flues!!!!!! The real ****er is when they ask one question that has 2 answers that are right and you always choose the wrong one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give us an example of a question which has two correct answers listed

Give us an example of a question which has two correct answers listed

new build brick chimney, which type of flue wont be used or shouldn't cant remember exactly but choices of poured concrete, clay pipe, prefab build, flex steel flue
you wouldnt use steel flue in a new build brick pointless if youve planned a build an you mustnt use poured concrete now. mind you which of us would notice a new build wth poured concrete anyhow :)

you wouldnt use steel flue in a new build brick pointless if youve planned a build an you mustnt use poured concrete now. mind you which of us would notice a new build wth poured concrete anyhow :)

There's a big difference between Pointless and Should /Must not.

didnt effect the end result, finished in 2 days and at home today cursing delivery men

thus far I feel the training offered where I go is a waste of space, all the books are there and in front of you and tbs keep you upto date but I am a tight wad
all done and dusted in two day ,did you have time for plenty of free tea .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Acs preparation reassessment in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
    • Love
During Covid I had to undertake a phone consultation to pass my Gas Safe Inspection. I failed dismally even though I have over 35 years experience! I am extremely knowledgeable in my industry, but when the pressure of having to answer rapid fire questions over the phone, and with an expectation...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi I’m looking for any gas engineers vacancies in the north west if any engineers/companies can help me out. I have just completed an Managed Learning Program gas diploma and have passed my ACS for CCN1 and CENWAT with Hybrid Technical Services in Aintree Liverpool that I funded myself. I will...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler. Initially we thought the boiler may stay in place but after discussions with the builder we would have to move the boiler to replace the floor and...
Replies
Views
Hi, Solar thermal not so big these days but a couple of Q for anyone who still works in it. Background. I'm an Electrician not a plumber.. I've been maintaining my otherwise excellent solar thermal (Original install MCS by Others), for the last ~ 18 years, over which time I've needed to clean...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, hoping someone can help with a problem that's been perplexing me since just before Christmas..... I have a wet underfloor heating system installed in 2003 and manufactured by Underfloor Direct in NI - Now out of business. It's one of their triple tube systems and hasn't given me much...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock