Discuss 38cxi pre-heat problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LenB

Good evening all,
I am a new member, a retired engineer, but not a heating engineer.
I have a problem with my 38cxi with after burn at the end of the pre-heat cycle, that my Service Engineer has not experienced, and which Gow-Worm support do not appear to be able to advise on. I can tell when it happens because the boiler makes a significant rumble, like a lorry entering the kitchen! It appears to be more prevalent in the evening, and I think during the night, but I'm asleep then.
Has anyone experience of this problem, I can stop it happening by turning down the water temp, which naturally cancels pre-heat, but I like my water hot.
I do not intend to attempt anything personally, but assist my Service Engineer, if possible.

I would get Glow-worm on the phone with engineer present and get mi spec for voltage and pressures seems like the mix may be wrong

I would get Glow-worm on the phone with engineer present and get mi spec for voltage and pressures seems like the mix may be wrong
We have already been down that route, Glowworm could not help

Thanks,
But we have already been down that route, Glowworm could not help.

They probably couldn't help over the phone. They will be able to fix it, if you get them to call out.

When you call d them did they give the specific pressures for the gas when on preheat and fan pressures etc or just talk through options? If just a talk through you can ask for more specifics as they have a much more detailed spec of settings on their database but only share when specifically asked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 38cxi pre-heat problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was sent an engineer by Ideal Heating to fix a problem with my system. When he left he drove over a pot of sealing compound (which must have...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or...
Replies
Views
Hello, recently our boiler stopped working properly, causing a lack of heat in our 14-radiator splitter in 3 storeys. having only one boiler at...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock