Search the forum,

Discuss 38cxi pre-heat problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LenB

Good evening all,
I am a new member, a retired engineer, but not a heating engineer.
I have a problem with my 38cxi with after burn at the end of the pre-heat cycle, that my Service Engineer has not experienced, and which Gow-Worm support do not appear to be able to advise on. I can tell when it happens because the boiler makes a significant rumble, like a lorry entering the kitchen! It appears to be more prevalent in the evening, and I think during the night, but I'm asleep then.
Has anyone experience of this problem, I can stop it happening by turning down the water temp, which naturally cancels pre-heat, but I like my water hot.
I do not intend to attempt anything personally, but assist my Service Engineer, if possible.

I would get Glow-worm on the phone with engineer present and get mi spec for voltage and pressures seems like the mix may be wrong

I would get Glow-worm on the phone with engineer present and get mi spec for voltage and pressures seems like the mix may be wrong
We have already been down that route, Glowworm could not help

Thanks,
But we have already been down that route, Glowworm could not help.

They probably couldn't help over the phone. They will be able to fix it, if you get them to call out.

When you call d them did they give the specific pressures for the gas when on preheat and fan pressures etc or just talk through options? If just a talk through you can ask for more specifics as they have a much more detailed spec of settings on their database but only share when specifically asked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 38cxi pre-heat problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no issue, however, when running the heating the pressure drops. Im looking for some ideas on what could be causing this. I have no sign of pipe leaks...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
S
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock