Discuss 30 Degree Led Flashing - Baxi Main HE30 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chimpin

Hi everyone,

firstly I just want to say that I am not a plumber or gas fitter, so I will definitely not be attempting a fix myself. I am on here because the engineer we used is trying to sell me a filter, a power flush and he has already replaced the pump, in total I am looking at around £600, so I'm nearing a new boiler for that money. I have read about the condensate chamber being clear, and it is (Checked by the engineer). He didn't check or replace the other things that the manual suggested, the flame sensing electrode or the PCB. The symptoms are a bit strange though. The hot water works fine after resetting the boiler. We have to run the hot water for the heating to start.
The sequence to start the heating is to run the hot water, then reset the boiler with the heating temp turned up. The ignition sequence then runs through, you can then turn the water on and off as much as you like without affecting the heating.
We get around 30 mins to an hour of heating then it turns off and the 30 degree light starts flashing again.
We can start the heating again running through the same procedure, but I will only last a few minutes. If we leave it for an hour or two, we then go through the same process and it will run for 30 mins to an hour. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks
Nathan

Doesn't matter how many assurances you give us that you wont attempt a DIY repair we cannot and will not give advice on the installation or repair of boilers, cookers or ANY gas appliances for your own safety.

Please go to Gas Safe Register | Ensure your gas engineer is registered. or post a thread in the 'I'm looking for a plumber / gas engineer' section of these forums remembering to include your location. [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

If you are gsr please increase your post count to 10+ then send a PM (Private Message) with your gsr details to either Gas man - View Profile: gas man - Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums | A forum for plumbers advice in the UK or Redsaw - View Profile: REDSAW - Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums | A forum for plumbers advice in the UK who will check you and then give you access to the gsr private forum.

Providing gas-related advice to anybody who should not be touching gas and cannot prove their competence is unacceptable. We will take whatever action we deem appropriate to prevent such advice being given

Thank you.

UKPF TA's, Mods and Admin teams.

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/central-heating-forum/42241-notice-gas-safety-related-advice.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 30 Degree Led Flashing - Baxi Main HE30 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock