Discuss £250 for an outside tape in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all.
I know absolutely nothing about plumbing, I've had an outside tap fitted it cost me £250.
After talking to neibour he got one for £95.
How do I go about getting money back
I feel a bit of fool right now.

Did you get an estimate or quote before it was installed?

How thick a wall is it, water available directly inside or has it needed a bit of pipework?

Op - I very much doubt you can get any money back.

How many quotes did you get?

Tbh there are too many variables for an Internet forum to really give you real comments other than next time get quotes to compare before going ahead

Did you get an estimate or quote before it was installed?

How thick a wall is it, water available directly inside or has it needed a bit of pipework?
No I didn't, stupid really, it a recommend from a friend.
Don't no how thick the wall.
[automerge]1587843332[/automerge]
£250 quid !!! I see Dick Turpin is alive and kicking . How far has he run the pipework, all way round the house .
No, tap just out the side kitchen window.

No I didn't, stupid really, it a recommend from a friend.
When was the work done? If you called out a plumber in the middle of the current covid-19 lock-down you might expect to be charged 'emergency rates' and extra for PPE, which is expensive and difficult to get hold of these days. They might have had to go a long way to get the brassware because their usual merchant was closed, etc.

You could talk to Trading Standards, see what they advise and whether they know the firm.

If you've paid already you're probably out of luck. Treat it as a cheap lesson. NEVER let any work proceed without a written estimate of the cost and the basis on which any additional charges will be made.

Pictures please external and under the sink if it's 100% fitted to regs and neat and tidy and a fist class job then it's a lesson learned , if not then you may have a claim without seeing it's hard to know if you got Butch Cassidy or a genuine tradesman who went in a bit on the heavy side this virus has everyone worried and eveytime you carry out work you are at risk . Regards kop

Reply to £250 for an outside tape in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone - I have an old outside tap with male thread but struggling to find a right hosepipe connection after the other one broke. The top of...
Replies
Views
Hi all Got a very old looking outside tap at our house which is not in use. A plumber is visiting soon to do a bathroom refit, and whilst here...
Replies
Views
J
I have an Arteform shower valve in my bathroom - top lever for the main shower head, middle for the handheld hose and bottom is the thermostatic...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a little problem or a question if all you experienced people can put me straight please? I am just a bit surprised - I had a call out...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock