Search the forum,

Discuss 15mm Gas supply in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sgw869

Hello
I live in Spain and at last we are have gas piped to our urbanization
Question is from the underground supply the installer has run 15mm copper supply pipe
The pipe work has approx 12 soldered bends and the run is approx 10-12 metres
This pipe is supposed to feed four properties
When the pipe reached the central point of the four properties it splits four ways and I can only assume that is where the meters will go.
I am contemplating a 24kw combi boiler, my question is will the 15mm supply pipe be adequate to run one boiler, let alone four in total
Also there is the gas ovens and hobs to add to the equation
I can supply photographs if this would help
Best regards
Sgw

it depends what preasure they supply the gas at as to the pipe size im sure there was some one on here who has worked in spain

Depends on the pressure. It is usually higher on the inlet to the meter and governed down to working pressure from there.
Best speaking to the guys doing the work.

Sounds like you need to get in the pro's, bet the gsr doesnt cover Spain lol

It's probably LPG and they may install regulators at he property.

Aint got the slightest. Never heard of it 15mm feed upstream to feed four meters and then more appliances I'm loast.

Aint got the slightest. Never heard of it 15mm feed upstream to feed four meters and then more appliances I'm loast.

I'll put my money on it being from a comunal lpg bulk store, supply from it medium pressure to the meters and goveners to knock it back down to low pressure.

will have to be a flipping big bulk store for the vapour take off rate to be high enough though?

Going back to the original post.

If I lived in Spain I would have solar thermal, with electrical back up ?

Why a combi ?

The suppliers will be supplying gas for cooking/gas fire only ?

Different regs I am sure.

Bearing in mind the country is nearly bankrupt I doubt they are forward planning too much !

Hola To you all
Firstly many thanks for all the replies
In Spain at last in our area the supply is going to be piped natural gas
What Tamz has posted..the supply pressure is usually higher to the meter....
Hopefully this will be sufficient and the answer i was hoping for
Combi is my choice 24kw to serve 7 Rads
The Spanish are installing the gas supply...No other choice...
I will then get English engineers to do the rest
I have posted a few photos of the 15mm gas pipe and manifold installation
I would like your views on them
Many thanks
Sgw IMG_4.jpgIMG_6.jpgIMG_9.jpg

What's all the damage to the popes in the first pic? Corrosion, burnt?

Hi
Its the residue from the soldering, the joints aren't wiped clean
Sgw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 15mm Gas supply in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi all, this is probably a daft question but I need to run my cold feed from one side of my wall mounted boiler to the other. Running it beneath the boiler is difficult with lots of obstacles, is it okay if I run soldered copper over / across the top of the boiler? It'll be about 4" off the top...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock