Discuss 15mm cold supply feeding two bath rooms in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a house that is plumbed up in 15mm pipe for the cold mains. Feeding a bathroom and an ensuit next to each other. Would the shower in the ensuite not likely struggle when some one is using the bath in the bathroom next door. Are both feed of the same 15mm pipe.

It all depends what sort the of pressure at the mains is and how long the runs of 15mm pipework is ... As well as how old the installation is because of hardened water could scale a lot up.

in short yes but wouldnt recommend it 22mm if you can

James, depending on your hot water , gravity / combi etc , that could be more of an issue .

guessing teeing of the main 15mm run separately for the ensuit and bathroom wouldn't make any difference? Is that correct? Than teeing off once to pick both up if anything that would give a longer pipe run.

Ideally would run 22mm from the stop tap although the water main to the external stop tap could be 15mm or equivalent I/D

unless you are happy to ensure you have a 35mm mdpe cold main into the house and then run a 22mm cold feed around the house, just live with a 15mm set up as it is.

Why would I need a 35mm mdpe supply. Couldnt a 22mm cold on the.first fix be.used.off a 25mm mdpe supply. And its a 30kw combi so will likely struggle on the hot water.supply anyway.

Why do you not just take pressure and flow rates from taps and then discuss with customer there usage and make a informed decision on this? If can be replaced from stopcock in 22mm relatively easily without too much damage then recommend this to customer but ultimately give them the relative information and then let the customer decide how they would like to progress?

guessing teeing of the main 15mm run separately for the ensuit and bathroom wouldn't make any difference? Is that correct? Than teeing off once to pick both up if anything that would give a longer pipe run.
Any anyone explain this teeing off the 15mm cold separately for the bathroom and ensuite wouldn't make any different as its only 15mm pipe you are drawing from. Would make a difference if the main run was 22mm though?

Why would I need a 35mm mdpe supply. Couldnt a 22mm cold on the.first fix be.used.off a 25mm mdpe supply. And its a 30kw combi so will likely struggle on the hot water.supply anyway.

your the one panicking about cw supply flow rate and pressure, just offered the best option............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 15mm cold supply feeding two bath rooms in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock