Discuss 12 flats to plumb in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rodders09

Hi guys I need a bit of help.

I need to quote for plumbing/waste on a new build with 12 flats and 3 shops.

The customer wants me to do all the plumbing and waste. I need to provide a quote for all first fix second and third.

He wants quotes with materials and without. In regards to hot water he will be using unvented and for heating he wants economy 7. trying to convince to put gas central heating. this all includes W/C BATHS SHOWERS and kitchen plumbing.

This is my first time with such a large scale project and dont want to shoot myself in the foot but also dont want to miss out on this job. i've done loads of work for him in some of his flats.

What would be the things to watch out for so i dont underquote myself.

i'm currently advicing him on regs with unvented and other bits.

Any constructive comments and tips will be deeply appreciated.

noot too sure myself as i too have not done such work, scale on my own before.
however general business sence tells me, dont think of pricing 12 flats and 3 shops...
think more of pricing 1 flat and multiplying it by 12 with say a discount for the other 11 flats, and shops the same.

Hi. It suggests our financial climate is uppermost in his mind. Economy 7 etc reduce his capital costs, but its a sign of the times. When pricing you need to know if continuity will be achieved? (It can be finish one sell none the job goes on for years) Check out if first fix is just soil stacks. If the plumbing H&C can be done in one fix (Cylinder, bathroom and kitchen backing on to each other) This can save a lot of time and visits and alleviate damage by other trades, allowing you to draw down monies per unit when complete. Ask him what figure he has in his budget for the work (he's put a few figures together himself to get to this stage) Don't forget the mains supply pipes, these can take up a bit of time and effort, climbing about in trenches etc. Warning pipe from unvented can also become an issue if not considered at an early stage as do overflow pipes. Why not let him supply sanitary ware and brass work? (There's not much money in these items) Any damage to these will cost you, so try and reduce the risk. And agree a payment schedule (materials on site etc) again risk if it gets nicked. Good Luck

as said above treat as one flat, then multiply.
would suggest extreme caution, if he is sounding a bit skimpy over money.
all material money up front, do one flat at a time, agree 1st fix price and 2nd fix price seperately, once 1st fixed, get paid, 2nd fix, get paid, next flat.
add maybe 20% onto total for call backs and snags.
if he wants to supply material, agree hourly rate for waiting for correct materials, or you travelling back to shop.
make sure your insurance is up to date.

could be a nice earner.

price as already said ie each one,discuss site sercurity,make sure your not laible for replacing gear if its stolen,if you are get site insurance.could send you under if some local scrotes pay visit

Hi guys.

Thanks for the advice. Taking everything on board and will add your comments on my contract.

I will keep you posted on the progress.

Thanks once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 12 flats to plumb in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock