Discuss 105HE Boiler problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gareth Davies

Hello all,

I need some advice regarding a 5yr old Potterton 105HE boiler that's fitted with a Horstmann digital wireless thermostatic controller.

Yesterday my wife noticed that the heating wan't engaging when the controlled requested it to be. To the best of my knowledge the heating hasn't been used since late spring.

I've replaced the batteries in the controller (no obvious way of pairing them) then I checked the hardwired end. This has two led's which aren't illuminating. I've put a multi meter across it and it's showing 240V input.

Do you think it's just a case of a dead module? and are they paired items or can I just buy and replace the hard wired half of the unit?

Thanks in advance
Gareth Davies

If you have no instruction manual you can usually find them on Horstmans website. If there is no power led lit it may be dead but don't throw it until you've checked wiring connections. Last time I tried to buy part of an rf unit it was cheaper to buy the whole kit. If you can get just the receiver they will usually pair to any sender. Do you know which one you have?

Does the radiator icon/led light up. If yes, boiler fault. If not control issue.

Does the radiator icon/led light up. If yes, boiler fault. If not control issue.

The rad icon doesn't illuminate. Thanks for your advice all, I shall replace the controller.

Many thanks for your help. It was the receiver in the end. I also found it easier to buy a complete assy as opposed to just a receiver, which has fixed the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 105HE Boiler problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer...
Replies
Views
Hi. I recently purchased a house with an old oil boiler (Boulter Classic) which had a timer switch to turn the pump/boiler on/off. After a bit of...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I have a Vaillant VCW242 combi boiler, which I believe has been in the house for 20+ years. It hadn't been serviced for a while so I...
Replies
Views
Old Account
O
I was looking at either an Atag or Viessmann boiler, just wonder if anyone has has experience of either of them for an opinion. The Atag is the Q...
Replies
Views
H
I'd like to try and get a better handle on what is ailing our central heating system. The problem is with the underfloor heating circuit. The...
Replies
Views
HowardML
H
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock