Discuss Zoned central heating problem in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
dont ideals come with built in by-passes? If valves are on returns are they the right way>?

Hi Fred I've never put them on the return if they are on the return what's to stop the heat on the flow going where it wants Evan with one return it only creeps up getting the nearest rad warm you must have linked them somewhere is a new build might have put a downstairs rad in upstairs loop or other way round easy mistake to do

Hi Fred I've never put them on the return if they are on the return what's to stop the heat on the flow going where it wants Evan with one return it only creeps up getting the nearest rad warm you must have linked them somewhere is a new build might have put a downstairs rad in upstairs loop or other way round easy mistake to do

Rob,

I agree, you need to put the barrier on the hottest pipe work which is the flow, hells-bells Fred this is 50 posts now you should be able to fit a heating system yourself, albeit push fit plastic. When your plumber comes around, show him the posts here, there are some little nuggets of information.

Tony

Hi Guys,

Just had my heating sorted after a short 4 months wait! just glad we've had a nice summer. Anyway just thought I would update you on what the issues were.

1st no by-pass circuit installed.
2nd zone valves on return instead of flow.
3rd 2 flow pipes fitted (1 to each zone) but only 1 return for both zones.

Pleased to say that the chap today knew what he was doing and has put it all right. Thanks for all your advice, looks like everyone on he was correct in one way or another.

cheers fellas

Hi Guys,

Just had my heating sorted after a short 4 months wait! just glad we've had a nice summer. Anyway just thought I would update you on what the issues were.

1st no by-pass circuit installed.
2nd zone valves on return instead of flow.
3rd 2 flow pipes fitted (1 to each zone) but only 1 return for both zones.

Pleased to say that the chap today knew what he was doing and has put it all right. Thanks for all your advice, looks like everyone on he was correct in one way or another.

cheers fellas

Nice to here you got some one in to put right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Zoned central heating problem in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A bit of clarification - I have extended a 3 bedroom semi detached and at the time central heating pipes were going in I told the plumber could I...
Replies
Views
I have a CH circuit on a 2 way zone valve. It’s a long circuit with 15 rads on it but rather than shutting down the last 5 rads in the circuit...
Replies
Views
Afternoon Fellas If anyone has time to help with this snag it'd be much appreciated. We have a wet-floor system controlled by John Guest UH3 and...
Replies
Views
I have an older gas boiler HW heating system with a taco circulator pump for each zone that worked fine last season. When turning it on for the...
Replies
Views
Hi. A new house regulation for a 2 zone heating system because it's bigger that 150sqm. I'm I right in saying zone 1 should be all of the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back