Search the forum,

Discuss work clothing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering what work pants you guys use? im sick of paying 60 pound for snickers, wondered if there where any other brands you guys recommend? winters coming so i guess the boiler suit will be coming out soon!

The cheapest ones I can find. Would never pay £60 for regular clothes let alone for an item of workwear

I know, but i just cant give up my snickers. the ones on that englebert strauss look quite good though, i might give them a try

snickers all day long mate i have tried a few diffrent pairs and gone back to snickers! the only ones that hold my knee pads in right place and stop em slipping around or being shin pads lol..

3 new pairs last week and caught one pair with my wood saw 2"inch rip lol got the mrs to cut a square out of old ones no have a school boy patch on em! :)

snickers are the best its like going to work trying to look cool lol

does any one elses knee pads look like shin pads or is it just me having stupid legs..............

or trying to be a rapper wearing my trousers half way down my bum lol ... jokes!

Only used it once or twice but I have a old gardening kneel pad.

I know, but i just cant give up my snickers. the ones on that englebert strauss look quite good though, i might give them a try

i use dickies there ok clean for five mins then white silicone oppps

FRISTADS!!

Fristads are much better than Snickers. Same money but they're the best trousers on the market. There's a particular model number I like. (Its their best selling one) they're the nuts. and not like wearing a nylon sack on your legs. I'd never spend £50 on jeans for the weekend, but I live in my work trousers, so I figure its money well spent.

FRISTADS!!

Fristads are much better than Snickers. Same money but they're the best trousers on the market. There's a particular model number I like. (Its their best selling one) they're the nuts. and not like wearing a nylon sack on your legs. I'd never spend £50 on jeans for the weekend, but I live in my work trousers, so I figure its money well spent.

got a link to some mate would be interested in anything that beats snickers :) and im the same 60 hours a week sometimes i want something decent

[DLMURL="http://www.performanceworkclothing.co.uk/product/All_Purpose_Multi-Functional_Work_Trousers_PS25-241_Black_PS25-241-90-C52"]Fristads work trousers with kneepads and cordura[/DLMURL]

This is where I buy mine from.

Please ignore my sad review at the end. I just love these trousers. Easy to move around in, and not too hot.

On the right hand leg is a slot that perfectly fits my stanley knife (in a way that doesn't fall out), the left leg has a mobile phone holder that perfectly fits my iPhone. The knee pads are fitted from behind and they stay put.

The biggest thing is comfort though. Snickers are too heavy, CAT has an annoying rubber waistline (designed to hold them in place), and Dickies always break at the button or zip.

The zip on the Fristads is brass not plastic.

I can't praise them enough.

They don't look as cool as the Snickers though. With all the fancy stictching and contrasting colours....I can handle that. I never was cool!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Snickers are overated expensive crap, had four pairs and the backside has fallen out of em all, wouldn't mind if i'm a bit on the large side but i aint. Been buying Dickies for about £15 from Makro and no such problems.

Oh I recently bought a pair of Helly Hanson that were on special offer in Screw Fix. They aren't bad. Don't wear them often though.

Goad we're all wearing designer clothing for work! Sixty quid for the privelege of covering your trousers in silicon. Anyway can't see past Durakit from Toolstation, hard wearing, plenty of pockets and is well priced. Otherwise a 3 quid pair of Asda jeans and a tenner pair of overalls.

Plenty of guys on this thread seem to be spending a fortune on mulitple pairs of £60 trousers, I have one pair only and they are the CAT ones. I take them off when I get in and they last all week without being washed unless I'm unblocking toilets etc.

I have the same problem with them as I have with all trousers in that you stand up, tuck yourself in, pull them so far up that you have one of those ball v.......a's and tighten them so tight you look like an egg timer but as soon as you kneel down they are round your ankels faster than you can say... "they've taken my boxer's down with them". :banghead:

Last edited:
Snickers all the way for me. I know they are £60 a pair but the knee pads that go in them are fantastic. I don't get sore knees doing my job any more. This for me is worth £60 a pair as it means I will be able to keep my knees in good shape when I get older!

£12 camo trousers from tesco for me, would never pay £60 for work clothes..........would rather use the money on new tools, and a must have is either knee pads or foam mat for me, 3 knee ops in 3 years and im only 27!

£12 camo trousers from tesco for me, would never pay £60 for work clothes..........would rather use the money on new tools, and a must have is either knee pads or foam mat for me, 3 knee ops in 3 years and im only 27!

Is that because you haven't spent £60 on a decent pair of trousers with knee pads?

Kansas prostretch. Last me about 2 years! [DLMURL="http://www.lpclothing.co.uk/newshop/product_info.php?products_id=890"]Longton Protective Clothing Discount Workwear Kansas Prostretch Color Trousers Grey/Black[/DLMURL]

Nope allways wear knee pads, irwin ones, ive had 3 pair in 10 year + foam mats:coolgleamA:

you got a dodgy knee ?? boy i worked with dislocated his knee on a roof of a BB site, didnt even claim them, he would of got a bloody fortune since he cant play football anymore. I always wear knee pads, hate it when i don't have them, well I buy trousers with knee pads I don't like the strap on ones.

Yep i got dodgy knees! ruptured my ACL 3 Years ago was off work for 8 months and had intensive physio, they had to remove a part of my hamstring to use as a graft for a new cruciate ligiment, then in the past 2 years ive had to ops to remove cartlidge and bone from both knees, needless to say i cant play football either:sad_smile:

Snickers for me, if you shop around you can get a good deal. I got two pairs and a belt and kneepads for just over 100 quid last year. I'm well happy with them

All wear and tear then playing 5 a side footie, i was running ( if you could call it that ) and felt a pop and heard a cracking noise, long story short after 5 hospital appoitments they finally discoverd id ruptured my ACL, other two ops are wear and tear sadly

All wear and tear then playing 5 a side footie, i was running ( if you could call it that ) and felt a pop and heard a cracking noise, long story short after 5 hospital appoitments they finally discoverd id ruptured my ACL, other two ops are wear and tear sadly

This exercise lark ain't good for ya!

Sorry but I just can't understand the logic in spending 60 quid on a pair of trousers to wear to work, to get them bogging, filthy, stained and damaged. I'd rather spend that on decent tools, proper safety wear or better still to put deisel in my van. Must be making loads a money to spend that on work trousers! LOL
What's up with a decent pair of overalls?

I spend £30 on mine. I know you can buy cheaper but the way I see it is work is mostly a pain which you'd rather not be doing. It's stressful, dull, physically demanding and often quite lonesome. I like to take measures to cheer myself up. It's the little things. Having some sweets to suck on while driving, download some interesting podcasts to listen to. Wearing something that I feel I look half decent in is just another thing you can do. Pride in your appearance makes you feel better. If you're properly groomed and looking ok it subtly lifts your mood - just like, conversley, wearing cheap tat makes you feel like cheap tat. We're all vain to some extent, some of us just choose to revel in it. But when I'm 50 I doubt I'll bother. While I'm still a lean, mean, bubbling sex-machine it would be an injustice not to tart myself up a smidge. Just think of the ladies!

I stopped thinking about the ladies and my appearance a long time ago. although I do wear clean trousers, not sure what make (cause theit in the washer) but they have knee pads. So does that tar me with the trendy brush ?

Definetly probably not.

When I was in my 20's - a few years back - baggy trousers were in. So I tend to wear them a big baggier. Therefore my knee pads quickly become shin pads and just annoy me as every time I kneel I have to remember to hike up my trousers in a michael-jackson-esque sock-display of funkiness....so I've stopped using the pads and just use a kneeling mat, which I find better now I'm used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to work clothing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock