Discuss Worcester Greenstar 28i - CH and HW fine - 0 bar pressure? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chick21

I repressurised the system before Christmas and saw only today the pressure had dropped down to 0 bar, however both hot water and CH seem fine.
I checked the towel radiator and it seems to be the culprit as only the bottom half was hot, so bled this one and repressurised the system.

Could this be a leak somewhere (can't see any evidence) or other causes?

pressure gauges are notoriously unreliable so 0 could be 1/2 a bar. check all rad valves for leaks or rusting first if pressure keeps falling best to call in a gsr techie to help

Definitely should not be dropping that quickly, maybe get someone in to have a good look

You can get a pressure gauge with a 1/2" male thread. Isolate a rad (tun off both ends) unscrew plug or air valve either end at top of rad, screw in gauge, turn valves on and read off pressure. It should be the same as boiler gauge. (assuming you have not got the system running whilst carrying out this check)
I would also check the pressure release valve discharge pipe. Water lost from here often means that the expansion vessel need topping up with air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester Greenstar 28i - CH and HW fine - 0 bar pressure? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, Hope somebody can help :) I have a vented HW system with a pressurised Ch system but got bit of a annoying issue, when the hot water...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, New here & my first post! I have a Worcester greenstar 24i, it is a conventional boiler, it has a water tank upstairs. For the...
Replies
Views
W
  • Question
My Worcester Combi Boiler is not working, instead the display flashes on and off repeatedly, as shown in <a href=" View...
Replies
Views
Hello, my HW is taking longer than expected to heat up and it's getting worse. I can go 10-40 degs after 1.5 hours of only heating HW, whereas I...
Replies
Views
I have a pressure leak on my CH system. Our piping is buried in the walls (maybe a mistake) and the room-to-room pipes are now covered by flooring...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock