Search the forum,

Discuss Best options for finding a CH pressure leak in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a pressure leak on my CH system. Our piping is buried in the walls (maybe a mistake) and the room-to-room pipes are now covered by flooring making it difficult to detect any leaks if there is no yellowing happening on the ceilings below.
We have noticed that we need to top up the system every 2-3 weeks, as the pressure drops from 1.2 bar to 0.8 bar gradually, Then my Vaillant system flags it in the app (Ecotec 637 (37kw))
I have checked the expansion vessel no dripping or faulty to my knowledge, I have not been able to locate any leaks either from the exposed pipes in the loft.
Rads are only a year old and have been bled. I worried if I keep adding fresh water to the system that it will cause rusting.

I don't want to use leak sealer so what are my options?

Thanks in advance.

This may be of interest it's often difficult to find small leaks it really depends on how hands on you are ? Kop

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230424-192558.png
    Screenshot_20230424-192558.png
    141.4 KB · Views: 11

Reply to Best options for finding a CH pressure leak in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock