Discuss Worcester greenstar 24i problem topping up pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

ceb

Hi
I have followed helpful guides on this forum for topping up the worcester greenstar 24i - i now know where to insert and turn the key to the locked position, however when I open the control valve water is gushing out rather than increasing the pressure.
Can anyone help?? thanks

I presume you are using the white key if you look there is some notches on the key this has to be inserted into the correct position and turned and then open the valve and it will work, basically the key is not pushed in correctly ,take you time dont panic,good luck

Thanks for your reply.
I am using the white key and definately pushed right in past the two ring bits sticking out on the key.
When I first tried I tuned the key the wrong way, could I have damaged it?
I then saw the padlock symbols on the boiler to line the key up with. Tried again and still water coming out.
Its not a very user friendly design!
have worcester engineer coming on tuesday no heating till then

this is a rubbish idea Worcester if your reading this please bin it go back to a standard filling loop

it is rubbish and if you are getting water coming out you have definitely not inserted the key correctly ,

Last edited by a moderator:
hello, i have followed all the help for repressurising a greenstar 24i, inserted the key, turned it to the unlock sign (also noted that when i inserted the key it was closer to the unlock sign than the locked one?) so turned to the unlock sign and turned the black knob anticlockwise, expecting to hear water flowing but nothing, the black knob gets a little damp but nothing bad or unexpected and the water pressure gauge doesnt move, im thinking this could be broken? or maybe im doing something wrong, i do know the key is fully pushed in, i dont have one of them flexi cords under my boiler that usually connects the water feed, but im also not too sure who fit the boiler or if it was fit correctly. anything would help :)

Are you sure you are turning it enough. It may take a turn or two before it lets the water through. I have been to a few and the knob has been broken though.

seems like im turning it enough, the key starts to get 'bendy' as if it would break if i go any further, think it must be the knob then :(

push in key as far as it will go and turn 90 degrees, pull off black knob and turn with small ajustable a few turns untill you hear the water filling.

I have seen on these boilers the pressure gauge not increasing even though water filling system.

Remove very small pipe from pressure gauge to water block and clean out hole, it can get full of sh1 t

You don't turn the black knob. You turn the white square lo the left of the key.

The cold inlet is on the left of the return. The white square is the valve which is to the left of the key. The black nut on the right of the key is the double check.
I do 3-4 of these a week and could hit the valve at 50 paces:D

I do 3-4 of these a week and could hit the valve at 50 paces:D with what?????????????????:) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester greenstar 24i problem topping up pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock