Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Danesmore Oil boiler won't fire up after draining system to remove radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rico260z

Hi, after draining and refilling my system (to replace a radiator) my boiler no longer fires up but it DOESN'T lockout either. When I turn the power back on it sounds as if it's starting up (fuel pump etc starts making a noise) but don't hear it try to ignite and then it just sits there doing nothing with the on led's lit on the control panel. Think the boiler is a 15/19 model. Nothing was touched on the oil side of things so can only assume there is airlock somewhere but I bled the 3 bleed screws I could see in the boiler itself and the pump. Anyone any ideas what I've done wrong?? thanks

Re: Worcester Danesmore Oil boiler won't fire up after draining system to remove radi

Is there any heat at all in the boiler?
Tried the over heat reset on the under side of the main control panel

Re: Worcester Danesmore Oil boiler won't fire up after draining system to remove radi

Is there any heat at all in the boiler?
Tried the over heat reset on the under side of the main control panel

No the boiler doesn't have any heat at all as it doens't fire up at all when turned on. Is the overheat reset different from the reset but that you press when it locks out due to low pressure or if there's problem with the oil? If so I'll have look for that tonite then

Its been two weeks, get an engineer before it starts to get cold and our availability decreases :)

Its been two weeks, get an engineer before it starts to get cold and our availability decreases :)

Found the overheat reset and once I pressed that the boiler locked out and the usual lockout reset button lit up. after 5 mins I pressed that and happily the boiler fired up and seems to be fine now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester Danesmore Oil boiler won't fire up after draining system to remove radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My daughter bought her first home and was hoping to convert to gas but its not available in the area, so thinking a boiler upgrade is the better way to go. Just after some advice and rough costs involved, is it worth getting a pressurised system installed and a new boiler and oil pump? Heating...
Replies
Views
Hi there. I have Grant oil fired boiler which when cold, takes multiple times to fire up. It will run for say 20 or 30 seconds with hot exhaust gases then it stops. The fan is still going then it starts off again and stops again. After 4 or 5 goes it runs fine. When the boiler gets up to...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler. Initially we thought the boiler may stay in place but after discussions with the builder we would have to move the boiler to replace the floor and...
Replies
Views
Hi all...got some issues....drained my working ok system yesterday to upgrade some 15 to 22 on the flow and return rad circuit. Refilled and bled up. Fired boiler up, had hot water and rads for 3-4 hours... Turned off to cool. Boiler would not fire on timer later, demand wouldnt work either...
Replies
Views
Hi, Newbie here so feel free to teach me the etiquette of this place, and apologies for the lengthy opening post. The boiler started locking out on Friday after a long period of faultless running, there was a bit of gunk on the back of the (newish) nozzle (Danfoss Nozzle 0.65 x 80 EH) ...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock