Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Bosch pilot light - can't find the ignition button in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PeterP

My Worcester Bosch 240 Combi pilot light has gone out. I know where the red spark generator button is, but can't for the life of me find a grey button on the gas valve. The valve is a Honeywell VR4601MA3013 - can anyone tell me where to find the 'grey button' on it?!

that valve does'nt have one, suggest you speak to worcester bosch technical dept.

Thanks - you're right, I was reading the 240 Combi BF/OF manual rather than the RSF. Worcester Bosch say the gas valve is controlled by the circuit board, so I'm not sure there's much I can do. The overheat thermo reset button is already in a down state. Pressure is ok (I increased it from 1 to 1.5, radiators didn't need much bleeding), diverter valve was replaced this year.

Maybe time to replace the boiler? I notice the model was discontinued 14 years ago!

14 years plus however long it was installed before is'nt bad for a combi, just say thanks and give it dignified ride to the scrap yard.

Personally I would try and keep it going. I prefer the older Worcesters and love the very old ideal(pre pcb)

Can't be much wrong with it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester Bosch pilot light - can't find the ignition button in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

F
Hi, My 2014 Crown Boiler has a spark ignition system that is malfunctioning. When I turn the boiler power switch off and back on, the pilot light comes on, the boiler fires up and the radiators heat the house properly. But after the boiler turns off upon reaching the set temperature and when thr...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am not sure whether anyone ever saw this issue.... My Worcester Bosch boiler was installed last year August, since then I found the boiler green light (burner light) will be off after HW is satisfied(supposed to be), but after 2 mins it will be back on again! For 2mins of firing, the...
Replies
Views
G
Hi, thx in advance if anyone has any ideas I've got a Worcester Bosch combi with Hive thermostat. Whenever the central heating turns on I get a beep like a gameshow buzzer, and then little rumble. Does the same when turning off. Never does this for just hot water. I had British Gas come out a...
Replies
Views
GL7781
G
I have a 40 year old Glowworm Hideaway 100. I have lived in this house for 8 years and it has been faultless, until recently. The pilot light won't stay on. The boiler has been worked on by a Gas Engineer, but he is stumped and telling me I need a new boiler. I can not afford a new boiler...
Replies
Views
I'm in a bit of a bind with a current CH install where I need to install a filter prior to a flush but no where to install My issue is the return on the combi (ideal 35) runs directly behind the boiler then up through the ceiling so I have no clearance to even attempt to snake it out to fit a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock