Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Worcester 9.24 RSF Electronic - Blowing fuse in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hainesd

Hi

Long story but bear with me.

We have a worcester 9.24 rsf electronic. It has been covered by British Gas since almost new and serviced and repaired by them under the maintenance contract. The last couple of times they have been out for problems they have refused to do the work stating they cant get the spares for it. On the last visit the fan had gone they couldnt get one - i found one on the internet and away we went again all working. last week they came out as it had died completely no power no nothing.

There had been a small leak which had dripped into the circuit boards and blown them. The guy was very thorough and tried hard to get it running. - took all the boards off dried them, used a hair drier to get it all dry re assembled but exactly the same blowing the 2amp fuse on the main pcb. His diagnosis was a faulty pcb but again cant get one so we cant mend it.

Again i went onto internet found the correct board and replaced it but this did not solve the problem? decided to change the ignition board as well and also found one on the internet which arrived today. unfortunately this has not solved it. exactly the same

Replace the fuse on the main pcb power up and we have a display on the programmer. as soon as i turn to on the fuse blows. I have also tried leaving heating off and opening a hot tap to the same result. as soon as it tries to ignite the fuse blows. the fuse is the 2 amp on the main pcb - When you look at it there are 2 it is the lower left hand fuse that blows. the other stays intact.

Any suggestions ? how do i establish what is causing the blow. Any obvious candidates.

I know it really is time to replace the whole thing but its never a good time. If we can just get through christmas it will be up for change in the new year.

these are the 2 parts replaced.

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester 9.24 RSF Electronic - Blowing fuse in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock