Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Worcester 9.24 RSF electronic, Advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

TFGplumbing

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Heya guys

Basically I got called out to a Worcester 9.24 RSF electronic, Its was firing on the CH But not on HW, So I looked to the diverter Valve on it And sure enough the spindle on it was stiff and it was not pressing the microswitch when a hot tap was opened, I removed it and replaced it, The old one was internally full of scale.
I also replaced the expansion vessel(old one full of water diaphram split) and AAV(old one not working). So I reassembled the boiler Only to find that the same problem persisted, The boiler fires when put on CH mode but when a hot tap is opened It doesent even go through the ignition process, And also for example if the CH turned on and running and you opened a hot tap it will turn it self off (kill the burner)

Iam going to phone Worcester today but, Iam thinking that the over heat stat has proberly popped what do you guys think? (its a not resetable one so it will need replaceing)

Any help greatly appreciated thanks

TFG plumbing & Heating

If the over heat stat was faulty it wouldn't work on CH...........Let us know how you get on

check if micro switch is making then check switch with multimeter if ok check pcb board ign buard

A stat spade connector had been disconnected from the hw outlet pipe inside the boiler, i must have pulled it off when i was changing the diverter valve, ITS WORKING!!! My customers were so happy that they had hot water again!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester 9.24 RSF electronic, Advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock