Search the forum,

Discuss Wireless room stat positioning? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Londonluke

Imagine a 4 story luxury house . Some issues with heating. Visited today and noted that wireless thermostat is on top floor and the boiler receiver is in the basement !! God only knows if the signal can travel that far !

Now.... on the top floor is master bedroom and bathroom

but i feel it the wrong place for the thermostat as its too high up the house

i need suggestions !

cheers

if its wireless remove it and try it somewhere more suitable.

read installation instructions. standard position for a stat/programmer is in the hall. receiver unit may be able to be extended from the boiler closer to sender unit. check with manufacturer to see how far it can be extended. because it is low voltage there may be issues with volt drop over a long distance.

read installation instructions. standard position for a stat/programmer is in the hall. receiver unit may be able to be extended from the boiler closer to sender unit. check with manufacturer to see how far it can be extended. because it is low voltage there may be issues with volt drop over a long distance.

its in the stairwell 4 floors up of a big house! i wonder if its a good loc ation as heat rises etc..so i think the ground floor etc will be a lot colder etc

maybe 1/2 way down stairs?
will down load PDF instructions tomorrow.

just read first post again! stat should be in hall. heat rises and will get to stat at top of house first. unscrew it from wall and put it on the wall with some blu tack in the hall first. see if it works. if it does fix it in that position.

Maybe the singnal isnt being recived because its out of range, you should read your manufactures instructions on its range.. I no the lower you go the falser the reading of temp, but maybe if TRVs are fitted upstairs it could help controll and balance the heating temp?

just my opinion pal.. :)

Also you could think about moving the reciver to maybe the middle of the propperty, but this will need all the wireing extended from the boilers location and hiding or chaseing the wires, its your call pal
Jep

Last edited by a moderator:
stands to reason , get the stat down low just off the hall to avoid any drafts.

Regards to wireless recievers, we fit Valliant boilers and the VRT360f programmable room stat... we installed the room stat in a area within a house with the receiver located in a boiler room....through 2 solid walls ..all works very well :D

Most stats should be located within a neutral point within the house,

we had a problem once we room stat located on wall of airing cupboard...
kept going off.... due to transfer of heat through partition wall!! :eek:

read accession instructions. accepted position for a stat/programmer is in the hall. receiver assemblage may be able to be continued from the boiler afterpiece to sender unit. analysis with architect to see how far it can be extended. because it is low voltage there may be issues with volt bead over a continued distance. just apprehend aboriginal column again! carbon should be in hall. calefaction rises and will get to carbon at top of abode first. alleviate it from bank and put it on the bank with some blu tack in the anteroom first. see if it works. if it does fix it in that position.

funny story regardin wireless stats i did a new boiler in a house that was being renovated the deired walls for the stat were not plastered at the time i finished the job so the sender was screwed to a joist while we tested everything and left the buildr instructions to fix it to the wall when it was finished
about 6 weeks later i got a call from the owners complaining that the boiler wasnt working properly on heating
when i got there i found the sender in the cuboard laying against the pipework when i told the owner this was the problem he admitted it had been on the wall but he didnt like the look of it so took it down deep joy as it was his fault i got paid a call out

Installed a big system in a church with 7 different zones. One was in a caretakers built onto the side of church. Drtayton RF2 worked through three thick church stone walls. ABout 20 metres from reciever!

Yes Drayton or Honeywell both excellent for signal strength and best out there, apparently Honeywell pay extra for a unique dedicated signal and wouldn't be surprised if Drayton do also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wireless room stat positioning? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock