Discuss Williams and Co Urgent in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmheat

Gas Engineer
If anyone on here works at Williams and Co and is working today please arrange for an urgent call to customer Daniel Mahoney, me....

I paid an additional £30 to have a boiler this morning and it's nowhere to be seen.

Thanks

Dan

Wicked! All phone lines closed,branch not answering phone,boiler ready to fit....and no poxy boiler. Catastrophic ball up or what

If anyone on here works at Williams and Co and is working today please arrange for an urgent call to customer Daniel Mahoney, me....

I paid an additional £30 to have a boiler this morning and it's nowhere to be seen.

Thanks

Dan

Now, that is what I call an EMERGENCY!!!
You better let your customer know it's going to be Monday or Tuesday. Cover your back.
Never count your chickens b4 they hatch. They may just decide not to hatch.

Wow. Like he needs a lecture right now

A lecture may calm him down. So Williams & Co. is having to appologise, (rightfully so), but it's a Saturday. What is Ray expected to do? Phone the delivery company and ask them to deliver immediately as arranged? In this trade, you take the rough and the smooth. That's life. Accept it or get stressed out about it. If I can help it, I do not worry about things I cannot change.
If luck is on his side, Ray may get one of the staff to pick one up from the warehouse and deliver it. But: at what cost?

Ray and Peter are sorting, boiler and parts being picked and loaded as we speak so should be here in a few hours. Thanks for sorting it out and turning it round. You've well and truly dealt with it. Spot on customer service!

You truly are an idiot by name
Talk about staying the bleeding obvious
You nickname trigger by any chance
:p

Last edited by a moderator:
A lecture may calm him down. So Williams & Co. is having to appologise, (rightfully so), but it's a Saturday. What is Ray expected to do? Phone the delivery company and ask them to deliver immediately as arranged? In this trade, you take the rough and the smooth. That's life. Accept it or get stressed out about it. If I can help it, I do not worry about things I cannot change.
If luck is on his side, Ray may get one of the staff to pick one up from the warehouse and deliver it. But: at what cost?

I appreciate your point of view but Saturday is a working day these days, if you take additional payment for a Saturday service then it's a working day full stop. The fault appears to be the delivery company but Ray has sorted it regardless.

And of course it's urgent I've got a customer with no boiler,it's cold,and they've paid for it to be fitted today?

Ray and Peter are sorting, boiler and parts being picked and loaded as we speak so should be here in a few hours. Thanks for sorting it out and turning it round. You've well and truly dealt with it. Spot on customer service!

Thanks for being understanding Dan. Hopefully the traffic won't be too bad, and Pete will be with you soon.

Lesson for us is that we need an emergency number for out of hours stuff. If Dan hadnt posted on the forum, we wouldn't have been able to sort it.

Glad you got it sorted but to be honest Saturday is never a working day and i hope it never gets classed as one.
More important things than money, like spending time with the family or chilling out :)

Glad you got it sorted but to be honest Saturday is never a working day and i hope it never gets classed as one.
More important things than money, like spending time with the family or chilling out :)
Millions of people would love to live in your world I think ?
Was always a working day all the time I have been in the trade and sundays was the day to visit clients ,and having said that a lot of the guys worked on sundays too if it was needed or they were hungry for money .
Some even came to the yard to clean the vans on a sunday morning .

Whether or not everyone wants to work Saturdays is beside the point. We offer the sat am delivery service, so customers have the right to expect it to come on time.

The boiler is now on site, Pete is on his way back down the A3 and hopefully Dan is having a trouble free install. Today would be a really good day for the boiler to fire up perfectly first time.

Was always a working day all the time I have been in the trade and sundays was the day to visit clients ,and having said that a lot of the guys worked on sundays too if it was needed or they were hungry for money .

Hungry for money, in my world I'm not ;)

Well for ye lads. Unfortunately some of us have to work on Saturdays and Sundays and do emergency callout because we HAVE to, not because we want to. It's because we need the money and that's just the way it is.

Working all hours is what we do.

Good to see Ray has sorted it out, things happen, its how they are delt with that matters.

Thanks for being understanding Dan. Hopefully the traffic won't be too bad, and Pete will be with you soon.

Lesson for us is that we need an emergency number for out of hours stuff. If Dan hadnt posted on the forum, we wouldn't have been able to sort it.
Yes an out of hours number sounds like a good plan to me and shared around it will not cause any one person too much hassle the only thing with things like this is it always ends up being dealt with by the one or two staff who really go out of their way for you .
As an ex employer I realised soon enough there is no point asking some of them .
But then when they want overtime it was a sorry we have that covered !

My diary has sat and sun on the same page, thats the clue not to plan anything in those pages, simple, as for visiting clients on a Sunday, someone got their life plan totally wrong, omho but theres more to life than work.

However there is an industry that needs to work 24/7 and has no choice at times and thats farmers, the rest just need to plan better.

My diary has sat and sun on the same page, thats the clue not to plan anything in those pages, simple, as for visiting clients on a Sunday, someone got their life plan totally wrong, omho but theres more to life than work.

However there is an industry that needs to work 24/7 and has no choice at times and thats farmers, the rest just need to plan better.
I just hope you never have an accident then ?
Or you end up a pensioner who is bed ridden and your heating stops working ?
Not for everybody that is for sure but I built my business up from nothing to a million pound a year turnover by being at those sunday meetings ,with clients who globe trotted and created wealth they liked my attitude and so passed me on to friends of theirs never ever did any advertising !
Had meetings in london when the job was in Gloucestershire just to suit the client .
There is no right or wrong way to live as you choose but some need to work or want to work extra to provide the lifestyle they want or think they want !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Williams and Co Urgent in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All Bit of an urgent one being that time of year and can't get a plumber out until after xmas even on an emergency callout I have just...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some urgent advice. I've Just come home after going out for evening, to discover hallway floor and kitchen floor covered in water. On...
Replies
Views
J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the...
Replies
Views
J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the...
Replies
Views
Johnno1966
J
J
Replies
Views
Back