Search the forum,

Discuss Why the sudden drop in kitchen faucet water pressure? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Just had strange occurrence and hope someone can please help.

Noticed a small leak under kitchen sink.

Wanted to troubleshoot shut off valves for possible leak, so I turned them off and on moved them back-and-forth some to check for leak. Nothing.

However, upon reopening both supply valves, hot and cold, and turning on the faucet, the pressure was suddenly close to nonexistent!

I know sometimes sediment can get caught in the aerator but could this be likely under this circumstance or most likely something else?

If likely, my faucet does not allow for access as far as I can see. Any thoughts please from professionals or those with much experience?

Thank you in advance!

Reply to Why the sudden drop in kitchen faucet water pressure? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise coming from my copper water pipes when no water is being used? It basically sounds like the noise you hear after the water shuts off when your toilet bowl...
Replies
Views
I have a ROS small faucet for drinking water. The main faucet in the kitchen works find. I recently replaced the main faucet but after reconnecting everything, the overflow on the ROS drinking water faucet will not stop running. The only thing connected to the ROS that I manipulated was an...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Is this set up correct: Attic stop valve turns off the cold water to my bathroom (I think it is the rising main in the attic which I and other residents in the building share as we have shared supply to bathrooms and kitchens) Under kitchen sink stop valve turns off cold water in...
Replies
Views
G
Recently we had reason to replace our boiler. It was on the blink and you could only con it into coming on by first turning on the hot water and then the heating. Whilst waiting for the installation one day randomly the electric shower stopped heating the water. It flashed low pressure -...
Replies
Views
I have a Vaillant eco plus 837, year installed 2008. It works well. We have one large zone for the house with 13 rads running off it. We also have an UFH zone in the kitchen. Near the boiler I have 2 port valves which control this part of the system. The boiler has been loosing pressure...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock