Search the forum,

Discuss Which manufacturer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shneld

Hello.

I was after some help please, I have searched the forum and can't find anything on the matter.

I'm due to start re-plumbing my house next week and need to order the materials.

I have decided to go with BPEX barrier pipe (unless someone knows something I don't :]) & push fit accessories, but am undecided which manufacture to use.

I know the likes of JG are well know but they are one of the dearer manufactures. Are the like of FloPlast any good?

Thanks!!!!!!

:D

Personally iwouldnt use plastic but if you want to bear in mind rodents can chew through it ,and all your fittings need to be accsessable as these have been known to fail.
If i had to choose a manufacturer it would probably be butelylene but you need crimping pliers for this to make permenant connections.
Hope this helps.

things cost more cos they normally work better, simpleeeess, personally |I like copper as done properly it will last longer and dont leak, if you due to move house in 5 years plastic is ok but dont stay too long omho

why compromise?if a jobs worth doing it is worth doing well.COPPER.hth:cool:

You can still feed copper thru joist etc and do all the things that plastic push fit does but with soft copper coils and end feed fittings :D:D:D

and it will look a lot better (apart from the scorch marks on the wall)

Personally iwouldnt use plastic but if you want to bear in mind rodents can chew through it ,and all your fittings need to be accsessable as these have been known to fail.
If i had to choose a manufacturer it would probably be butelylene but you need crimping pliers for this to make permenant connections.
Hope this helps.

things cost more cos they normally work better, simpleeeess, personally |I like copper as done properly it will last longer and dont leak, if you due to move house in 5 years plastic is ok but dont stay too long omho

do it properly and use copper

why compromise?if a jobs worth doing it is worth doing well.COPPER.hth:cool:

You can still feed copper thru joist etc and do all the things that plastic push fit does but with soft copper coils and end feed fittings :D:D:D

and it will look a lot better (apart from the scorch marks on the wall)

Scortch marks lmao

Thanks for your replys.

I am a big believer of the saying, 'if a jobs worth doing, do it right', plus I'm a bit OCD :rolleyes: with getting things right.

This is my first house, got the keys jan this year, its a challenge I suppose, its an absolute wreck, Im a keen DIYer so looking forward to it.

So far I have fully re-wired the property, (I'm a spark) and the odd job here and there.

The main driver is cost as you can imagine, I would love to use copper throught out :(.

My F&R for the CH is going to be done in 22m.

Thing is, 30M of 22mm copper is £147, 25M of BPEX (FloPlast) is £30, big difference aint it :confused:

Anyone any experince with FloPlast, screwfix have a sale on of FloPlast :D

Last edited by a moderator:
copper,but if you must use plastic grey polypipe,inserts and compression fittings put copper in sight for neatness,you will find the grey more flexible than say white speedfit

m8 its your house do it right once and for all use copper, would u use aluminium twin and earth like they used to make once or copper for wiring?

Last edited by a moderator:
m8 its your house do it right once and for all use copper, would u use aluminium twin and earth like they used to make once or copper for wiring?

I wouldn't use aluminium as materials have developed and copper is superior, using aluminium would just be taking a step back in time.

Would you not say that plastic pipe & push fit fittings is a result of technology improving or changing?

I am sawing towards copper, but am trying to convince myself plastic is ok lol

take no notice of the luddites every new build under half a mil is done in copper look at doing the heating in ten mm then theres no joints below floors and as a sparks you pull it6 through just like cable

Thing is, 30M of 22mm copper is £147, 25M of BPEX (FloPlast) is £30, big difference aint it :confused:
/QUOTE]

you have to take the cost of fittings into consideration as well,that pushes plastic up and in any case the extra cost is insignificant in relation to installing a top quality system

If you go plastic,poly plumb or hep,do not try to go cheap on plastic or you really will be sorry

As most,I would go with copper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which manufacturer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock