Discuss Which core drill, Makita or Marcrist? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just ordered a Sparky BBK3 (DDM3 copy?) for £306 incl VAT and delivery
Ordered and paid for a BBK2 only to be told it wasn't in stock and didn't know when it would be
Searched around and found the BBK3 for less money, should be here next week

interesting, general consensus is sparkys cheap tat and a bit pish

According to a few on here (Lame and Phil iirc) the BBK2 is a different animal to the BBK1
I'll let you know next week
I was wrong on the price as well, the BBK2 was £237 inclusive with the BBK3 being £60 more from a different supplier, so thought I'd be a guinea pig and give it a try

my last makita lasted 10 years of heavy use so i bought what i thought was the same again and it wasnt till i needed it i realised it didnt have reverse on the new one

Have to say - look at other options.
Hitachi do a good core and also there is a dewalt refurbished outlet on ebay.
Both have offerings better than those imho for a similar price...

I've handed over the cash now, I had a Makita which was fine, but ended up like triggers brush
Couple of new clutches etc and the quote to refurb it this time was around £230, more than the price of a new one
I'll give it a go when I get it and let you all know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which core drill, Makita or Marcrist? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm a (somewhat, I hope...) competent DIYer and just want to get some advice if my suspicion on a problem we're having is correct...
Replies
Views
hi all need some advice on drilling a big hole :-) Need to fit a pipe for extractor in kitchen and the OD is 156mm. This is only a one time job...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a Megaflo Heatrae Sadia running from a conventionla boiler. The boiler is 12 months old, the cylinder about 6 years old. The...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock