Discuss Which core drill, Makita or Marcrist? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
ddm2 by sparky, miles better than a ddm1, ask tamz or see his old posts or buy the marchrist ddm2 from big red tool box for £335

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never had a problem with my Makita, still going strong after nearly a decade. I've only just replaced the chuck with a threaded adaptor, apart from that I've not had to repair it.

I've ordered the sparky ddm2, I'm pretty sure they are not made by the same company who made the small one.

20160114_212348.jpg20160114_212322.jpg

20160114_212231.jpg

Wow, this came today and what a drill!

One question though....on an earlier thread I stupidly said all my powertools have a proper plug on them....Apart from this one! I had to unscrew the weird looking plug on the end to find a Shuko plug! Never seen that before.

Is yours the same Lame? and anyone else who has one.

Last edited:
where did that come from, if it was big red tool box they can be asses, as they sent me a 110v instead of a 240v, then I eventually got a free 110v transformer, but it was too small to work the drill, so the mcb kept popping till i got out my monster transformer.

check that isnt 110 before you wack it into 240 on the wall!!

by the by, once you get it working, hang on they go rather fast , always use the core pilot bit to start off, gets exciting if you dont on a big core.

Last edited by a moderator:
where did that come from, if it was big red tool box they can be asses, as they sent me a 110v instead of a 240v, then I eventually got a free 110v transformer, but it was too small to work the drill, so the mcb kept popping till i got out my monster transformer.

check that isnt 110 before you wack it into 240 on the wall!!

eu plug ;)

Powertools Direct £235.

I've already plugged it in and it has a right kick!

Its earthed...

Just need to get a long extension bar...like this but one that doesn't have reviews saying it twists..

Diamond Core Kit 5Pcs | Diamond Core Drill Accessories | NoLinkingToThis

Its earthed...

Just need to get a long extension bar...like this but one that doesn't have reviews saying it twists..

Diamond Core Kit 5Pcs | Diamond Core Drill Accessories | NoLinkingToThis

That's fine then just snip the plug off and put a commando plug on and your done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which core drill, Makita or Marcrist? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm a (somewhat, I hope...) competent DIYer and just want to get some advice if my suspicion on a problem we're having is correct...
Replies
Views
hi all need some advice on drilling a big hole :-) Need to fit a pipe for extractor in kitchen and the OD is 156mm. This is only a one time job...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a Megaflo Heatrae Sadia running from a conventionla boiler. The boiler is 12 months old, the cylinder about 6 years old. The...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock