Discuss Which core drill, Makita or Marcrist? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Okay so my 4 year old Sparky core drill has had its day now and have under £300 to spend on a new one.

Makita 8406
Marcrist ddm1

I want a reliable one where I can have it on full speed without worrying if I'm going to be dialing an ambulance with my left hand.

I have the ddm1. The performance is excellent and it has never snatched. Bit bigger than the makita though. The motor on the ddm1 threw a wobbly on mine but was replaced With out question under warranty. see how it goes. I have used my mates 8406 and I don't think it's as quick as the ddm1. I Had sparky core drill prior to the ddm1. They are worlds apart.

i got mine from core drill city for that sort of money. He was very helpful when the drill threw a wobbly. Or if you sign up to bes.co.uk emails they quite often have the drill on their Friday offer email for £224

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which core drill, Makita or Marcrist? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm a (somewhat, I hope...) competent DIYer and just want to get some advice if my suspicion on a problem we're having is correct...
Replies
Views
hi all need some advice on drilling a big hole :-) Need to fit a pipe for extractor in kitchen and the OD is 156mm. This is only a one time job...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a Megaflo Heatrae Sadia running from a conventionla boiler. The boiler is 12 months old, the cylinder about 6 years old. The...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock