Discuss where can / can't rain water be discharged into? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
depends what drainage system your connected to if its a seperate system then it goes to the rain water drain if its combined it usually goes to the drainage system or possibly to a soakaway
if theres no mains drainage it will go to a soakaway as you dont want to fill the cesspit with clean water that you have to pay to remove

So if there is an existing rain water down pipe that goes into a soakaway that doesn't work and just overflows and is extremely old but is a very short distance from a normal drain that the kitchen sink drains into....would it be acceptible to re-direct rain water pipe to also discharge into normal drain? It's at the back of a customer's shop and he doesn't care if it looks a bit odd, he just thinks it might be simplest and cheapest solution.

So if there is an existing rain water down pipe that goes into a soakaway that doesn't work and just overflows and is extremely old but is a very short distance from a normal drain that the kitchen sink drains into....would it be acceptible to re-direct rain water pipe to also discharge into normal drain? It's at the back of a customer's shop and he doesn't care if it looks a bit odd, he just thinks it might be simplest and cheapest solution.

Id say go for it, I cant see why not, the waterboard only get angry when people discharge sinks into rainwater drains,

rainwater is cheap to clean, its foul thats expensive. rainwater can help foul drains by flushing them out, if its a seperate system though they dont want extra water to treat in the 'expensive' foul system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to where can / can't rain water be discharged into? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock