• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss When can the washing machine be used? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Depends on your incoming water pressure and flow if it’s low then no I wouldn’t use anything when the washing machine is on it’s full cycle

rpm

Esteemed
Plumber
In a normal house on mains water supply the answer should yes. Why are you asking?

In a normal house on mains water supply the answer should yes. Why are you asking?
Because my Wife is concerned that if the Loo is flushed when the Washing Machine is on or filling, the WC will *rob the Washing Machine, thus throwing it out of kilter in some way.

Depends on your incoming water pressure and flow if it’s low then no I wouldn’t use anything when the washing machine is on it’s full cycle
Our Water Pressure is completely normal, it is just that my wife feels if the loo is flushed or the bath is run at the same time as the Washing Machine is filling or running, the other appliances will *rob the Washing Machine and it will not work properly.

If I run my kitchen tap fast at the same time the (Bosch) washing machine is filling it flashes a 'low supply pressure' error code when when the programme finishes. Doesn't seem to cause any problems beyond taking a bit longer to fill.

Reply to When can the washing machine be used? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net