Search the forum,

Discuss When can the washing machine be used? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Can a washing machine be used at the same time as the wc flush, running a bath or watering the garden?

Depends on your incoming water pressure and flow if it’s low then no I wouldn’t use anything when the washing machine is on it’s full cycle

In a normal house on mains water supply the answer should yes. Why are you asking?
Because my Wife is concerned that if the Loo is flushed when the Washing Machine is on or filling, the WC will *rob the Washing Machine, thus throwing it out of kilter in some way.

Depends on your incoming water pressure and flow if it’s low then no I wouldn’t use anything when the washing machine is on it’s full cycle
Our Water Pressure is completely normal, it is just that my wife feels if the loo is flushed or the bath is run at the same time as the Washing Machine is filling or running, the other appliances will *rob the Washing Machine and it will not work properly.

If I run my kitchen tap fast at the same time the (Bosch) washing machine is filling it flashes a 'low supply pressure' error code when when the programme finishes. Doesn't seem to cause any problems beyond taking a bit longer to fill.

Reply to When can the washing machine be used? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, We have noticed for a while now that when our washing machine nears the end of a cycle we get a bad smell of dirty water in the downstairs toilet which is next door. We have moved the washing machine as we are having floor tiles put down and have noticed that the waste pipe is full of dark...
Replies
Views
We have a utility room with a washing machine but no sink. Wife wants sink. There is room to fit one and the waste will connect to wahing machine waste but the problem is in the water supply. Currently there is only hot and cold washing machine hose fitting isolators attached to very short...
Replies
Views
I have moved our washing machine into the garage but there isn’t a drain for the waste pipe. The attached image is of the waste pipe with the condensate pipe from the boiler, can I use a tee join and connect the washing machine pipe? The pipe leads outside and is saddled to the main waste pipe.
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm installing a new kitchen which will have a dishwasher and washing machine. As I'm cutting/teeing into the cold mains 15mm pipe (before the kitchen sink taps) to feed the dishwasher and washing machine is it worth fitting a isolation valve with a built-in check valve? Regards Tezzer
Replies
Views
A
My mum is trying to connect a washing machine and dishwasher in her kitchen. She got a guy out to do the job and he ended up making a hole in her washing machine hose and ramming the dishwasher hose into it, held together with masking tape and charged her 200 quid for the privilege of her...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock