Discuss What steps do you take when a customer refuses to pay? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Petefinny

Hi i have a customer who idid some work for, i had no complaints while i did the work for them but now it has come time for them to pay the bill they are coming up with excuses not to pay me, what do i do now, i cant let them get away with it, anyone had this problem before?

What did you do? What excuses are they making?

I fitted new washers and seals to and a new expansion vessel to there alpha boiler

I send out late payment letters once over the 28 days. The terms and conditions are set out on the jobsheet which they sign on job completion.

Say if they owe me £40 the late payment letters will be sent out saying outstanding balance in red writing £70.

It is a £30 admin fee. This fee will be canceled if payment is recieved within the next 5 working days. If not the new total is now payable. The last 3 I have had go over the 28 days have all paid up straight away. Its suprizing how many people have been on holiday for a month and thats why they didnt pay in the required time.

Hi i have a customer who idid some work for, i had no complaints while i did the work for them but now it has come time for them to pay the bill they are coming up with excuses not to pay me, what do i do now, i cant let them get away with it, anyone had this problem before?

What are the excuses so far?

Do you want this in the open forum ?

If you are on about my post then yeah, it can only be a good thing that customers know they will have to pay and it may stop them from messing around with the payment. Its completely fair to charge an admin fee as you have to generate more paperwork which takes time, the cost of postage, paper ink etc. I thought I would share it as I have found it usefull and if it does go to court you can claim more money back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What steps do you take when a customer refuses to pay? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum and joined specifically to try to get an answer to my question. I have an 88yo mother-in-law who is recently...
Replies
Views
Hey guys in the know. I have paid for a heating and plumbing contract and had to pay my excess 3 times for the same thing still not fixed. The...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was...
Replies
Views
Hey all Looking for a consensus on an issue that has arisen. Disclaimer is that my ideal icos 12 boiler Is over 10 years old but has been...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock