Discuss What size is the nut on a tap cartridge? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfgs

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I have to swap out a cartridge on a set of in the wall taps, so cant get a spanner on the nut to undo it as it is set back. It had a long spindle too, so need a box spanner or deep socket. Can anyone tell me the size of the nut? I cant remember off the top of my head.

Thanks guys, need to try and find a deep socket now

Get yourself a complete set of deep sockets as probably still fairly cheap.
I got a "straight through" socket set which has an open ratchet and open sockets that fit inside ratchet end. Very useful for long studs and has an extension

Last edited:
you would be surprised how often they come in handy

Get yourself a complete set of deep sockets as probably still fairly cheap.
I got a "straight through" socket set which has an open rachet and open sockets that fit inside rachet end. Very useful for long studs and has an extension

Just ordered a set, called a vortex socket set. Thanks for the help.

Just ordered a set, called a vortex socket set. Thanks for the help.

i know/seen that brand (somewhere) halfords?

Yeah Halfords. Got a big Halfords Professional which I have had for years, always been impressed with their stuff.

they have decent socket sets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What size is the nut on a tap cartridge? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am trying to replace the cartridge for a waterfall tap (mixer mono) for the bathroom sink, I have run into a problem whereby I cannot remove the...
Replies
Views
I have a slow leak in the bath. Its a mixer type set up. I'm unfamiliar with the tap handles and how to access the cartridges etc. If I can work...
Replies
Views
Hello. My mixer shower (non-electric) recently started running luke warm. I know this can happen at this time of year over winter but I've been in...
Replies
Views
Forgive my ignorance, with this basic question, but I seem to be struggling to both understand, search for, and source, the appropriate washer...
Replies
Views
Hi, my 2-handle kitchen mixer tap started dripping cold water. I've got it apart and am waiting for a new cold water, ceramic disc, 1/4 turn...
Replies
Views
Back