Discuss What size is my copper pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Last Plumber. Can you get 1/2" fittings or only the 15mm ones these days? I'd read that the 1/2" was smaller OD than the 15mm; not sure where though.

A 15mm will normally tap on. Maybe use a bit of emery paper if it's too tight. Or as Best said, compression.

The answers here are all good and correct but if you are still nervous about not getting a fitting on you could always keep a quality pushfit fitting to hand which will fit the pipe for sure and then you would have an alternative if the job turns into a nightmare. I think you will be fine using the suggestions in this thread though.

Cutting the pipe with a pipe slice as opposed to a hacksaw will help you get the fitting on if its imperial 1/2"

i would get a few 15mm x 16mm brass compression fittings just in case, you can get them from most city plumbing merchants , if not hit a 15mm pushfit fitting on with hammer if you have a nightmare as suggested :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What size is my copper pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I've had to cut hot and cold feed to re route for bathroom feeds. The 22mm Copper pipe hot feed is slightly smaller then my 22mm Copper...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, hope all is well! I’ve fitted a compression cap on two of my shower mixer copper pipes (15mm). One of them has scratches and burring and is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've not posted for a while, not a plumber, but a keen DIYer who likes to try and do things without bodging if I can. Basically I'm wanting to...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to connect 3/4" copper to 22mm copper in an old house. However it appears that the 3/4" is actually slightly smaller (measured at...
Replies
Views
Hello, bit of a noob question but would someone be able to help me to understand the pipes coming off our boiler. It's a Grant oil combi boiler...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock