Search the forum,

Discuss What Manufacturers courses are best for boiler breakdowns????????? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Mario

Gas Engineer
What Manufacturers courses are best for boiler breakdowns?

I've done quite a few manufacturers courses and they only ever train you on the current models, which is ok if you are going to be working on the current models for your job. Best course was the Baxi 3 day one, they get you to understand the sequence of operations a boiler goes through when it is working, once you get that, all boilers are pretty much the same. They cover multimeter use too, I found it very useful.

Did mine @ Warwick BDHR Training. 1 Day basic electrical all about multi-meter use and expected readings, 1 day combi appreciation which was sequence of operation etc and 1 day fault finding putting what you learnt into practice.
£75 each day incl buffet lunch and a manual for each day included.
Alot to take in, and well worth it.

Have to say it was
-Went into a lot of detail on how they work (over a full range of different manufacturers)
-Sequence of operation
-how to use a multimeter
-how to test components

Baxi 3 day course in dart ford, sticks in my mind as the best of two. Woodys boiler training in back of gas safe mag was disappointing, thing
k I posted ages ago why

If your fitting baxi and are in the kent area get in touch with the rep Andy Peck, currently has a 1 day fault finding course at the dartford training centre on 13-14 of this month but you will only get it if you are fitting his boilers and he will know who is and isn't as he is in touch with the local merchants and loves a chat

If your fitting baxi and are in the kent area get in touch with the rep Andy Peck, currently has a 1 day fault finding course at the dartford training centre on 13-14 of this month but you will only get it if you are fitting his boilers and he will know who is and isn't as he is in touch with the local merchants and loves a chat

Im only newly qualified mate,worked for a firm who mainly did combi to combi swaps and bathrooms trying to get my experience up on breakdowns etc but its proving quite difficult as im not with a firm at the moment.How does everyone else get experience?

BDR course for me well worth the money excellent tutors

I have done a 1 day course at Worcester this was very good and the same course with vaillant which was ok but not so much practical.

Intergas
Glowworm
Vaillant
are free

gaining experience is often very difficult it might be worth offering to service family and friends boilers for free to get exp then at least you can take your time they used to say you wont make money if you cant service quickly so a lot of guys may not be able to help even if they wanted too there just to used to doing it their own way as for breakdowns if your apprehensive rabbit and head-light springs to mind

Ring rep and tell him you want to fit his boilers. Never pay for owt. I could be from yorkshire?

I cant find any free courses for the above manufacturers.

They all want ££££

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What Manufacturers courses are best for boiler breakdowns????????? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hello, I am looking for an honest opinion please, with my current employment I get a lot of time off, I am considering completing a gas safe course with the view to use my spare time to potter about doing boiler services and that only, am I naive to think it’s that simple? Thanks
Replies
Views
Had a call to a 82 Old man, he paid these £300 up front for a years cover, and I find out on arrival he's been waiting for 3 weeks, no heating or HW.. ( I had to dig backwards from the customers phone number he had) . Turns out the email for invoice i asked for is fake, dont reply to my text...
Replies
Views
Best boiler replacement in Glasgow. At Xpress Boiler Solutions, we provide the best & most eco-friendly, affordable boiler options in Glasgow
Replies
Views
Hi I've recently qualified as a gas engineer , for the time i was training at the college , i was working as a apprentice for about 6 months. For these 6 months i was assisting on many types of jobs including basic plumbing jobs like gas runs, taps and toilet installs but majority focused on...
Replies
Views
J
On a breakdown which is stumping me. The boiler has no power to it even though everything else in the system is working as it should. The 3 way moves across when it should and kicks in the pump but there is no power on the wire entering the boiler.
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock