Search the forum,

Discuss what is going on with the eco and green deal for fitters in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
first there was a lot of big talk that the industry was kicking off 2014...but now it seems like everyone is scrapeing around for work

To be honest, I'm not sad they have stopped handing out free boilers to well off landlords and getting guys to fit said boilers for £200 as it was terrible for non green deal folk ;)

Basically what happened is someone used to work in health and safety then decided telling people how to do a job wasn't enough in life for them, so they became an advisor to the government and came up with a brilliant way for people with no experience in the industry to take the cream of the profit on any heating work after all we are an uneducated bunch who shouldn't be earning that sort of dough.

any way in came a load of suits made a catchy name for this government led pyramid scheme then went about setting out who will actually receive all the cream.

By by know lots of money had been spent and it was time they started clawing it back. So they opened it up,to the un educated, but the only way in was to spend a lot of money on something called pas2030 (Pants down bum up and Scream that'll be £2030.00) by now the money was rolling in but the targets weren't being met so once they had recouped the money they spent everyone in a tie quietly shuffled off to come up with another pyramid scheme that won't work, and in the mean time ignore the calls for the return of the boiler scrap page scheme that actually did work and was open to everyone?

good post, rob.

its shameful how these green deal, eco things are run. You would think its a simple thing to do, but no, to many greedy middle men wanting all of the money.

Last edited:
i should add most of the eco boilers ive seen could have been fitted better by a blind toad.

ian hot of the press there will be doing cashback for scotland form the 1st of june

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to what is going on with the eco and green deal for fitters in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I have a Vaillant eco boiler at a new house I moved into last week. It’s a combo boiler and the last boiler I had was old (and much easier to use!) This one keeps turning itself off. The hot water seems to work and is always warm. The heating also works but for random amounts of time...
Replies
Views
D
hi everyone a local installer has recently quoted me £3,660 for a complete install using the main eco compact 25kw boiler i have also been waiting for more feedback and reviews of the new worcester bosch 1000 which seems to be getting quite positive initial feedback, and a few criticisms which...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
Hi all, I am not sure whether anyone ever saw this issue.... My Worcester Bosch boiler was installed last year August, since then I found the boiler green light (burner light) will be off after HW is satisfied(supposed to be), but after 2 mins it will be back on again! For 2mins of firing, the...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, I have a challenge with a Main Eco Elite 30 Combi which is short cycling on the CH. Water works fine. As soon as you have call for heat, the boiler fires up, modulates, but jumps very quickly (about 30 seconds or so from 40'ish all the way to 70, burner disengages putting it the...
Replies
Views
Heating and hot water is not working. Plenty of heating oil. I have replaced batteries in thermostat and it seems to be working ok, showing flame to call for heat, and the receiver seems to be working ok with green light, but heating is just not firing. I really am not sure what the problem is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock