Search the forum,

Discuss What chance have we got? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

secret squirrel

Today, I was sorting out a toilet. I then got a phone call from a disgruntled customer, he apparently had a boiler recently installed and was not firing correctly.

I explained two things, the first, I do not touch gas because I'm not qualified. Second, he should contact the installer and give him the chance to put it right.

He abused the boiler installer with the usual rubbish, I'm not having that idiot back blah blah.......

So, if you install a part (gas or otherwise) and it takes far longer to get working or you hit problems that you couldn't envisage. Are you the next idiot waiting for abuse? what if its a faulty part and your not given the opportunity to correct it?

I don't understand customers (luckily), they seem to want the cheapest they can get, when they get the cheapest they are then surprised when it all goes wrong and have to pay again.

Am I like this (as a customer), No, I always go for the tradesman that turns up on time, if there running late, I get a call and normally its the middle of the road quote. Providing all the other criteria are correct.

If I do get a problem I always phone the tradesman and explain the problem to him/her at least then they can correct it and keep there good name......

It's human nature. I don't know if there is a solution as anger seems to be the first line of defence in all walks of life theses days. I always give my customers a guarantee, even if it means I am the eventual loser (within reason). Statistically, and forgive my not so great memory if I am not 100% accurate, but I read in one of the marketing journals some time ago that a disgruntled customer will spread the (nasty) word to at least 4 other people in his or her immediate circle. Warding that off, however fair or unfair the comments are, is vital for any business however large or small, especially in these competitive times.
Usual waffle - going to have a calming drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What chance have we got? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock