Search the forum,

Discuss what can you do with old cordless drills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I have a Makita BHP 453 cordless drill and battery. It is worn out and whenever you turn it on it smells of burning.

I also have a Bosch GS13 18-2-L1 professional cordless drill which I got wet and although I tried to dry it out, it only works occassionally

I have since bought another Bosch drill

Does anyone know anywhere that repairs drills ? I think the Bosch is retrievable

Or is there anywhere that recycles them. It seems a waste just to throw them out?

Thanks

Paul

Sell them to Ermi.
He's a tool junkie.

P.S. Yeah, and before Ermi gets it in.
"It's better than being just a tool."
There, said it myself:)

Last edited:
If you have to trash them, then your local council dump will have a place for electrical goods for recycling & a place for the batteries - which are supposed to be properly recycled anyhow as hazardous.
There's not a lot to the works inside drills & worth opening them to see if worth fixing. Sometimes a careful clean, some grease (where needed) for gears etc & new brushes if worn out.
If motors are knackered, just recycle the lot.
Brand new cordless drill bodies - even the professional models, are very cheap anyhow. It's just the batteries that cost.

Last edited:
Croppie will have biggest robot?

Take them to Hilti think u still get ÂŁ100 of new tool .

We should build a UKPF one. Between us I reckon there's enough skill and knowledge to make a good go of it.

Skill yes......

Knowledge aplenty.....

The ability to agree on how to build it...... Not a prayer.........

Croppie could drive it? Bit like "knockahomer " in Simpsons?
ae99027dc1ecbe326758c55b8deb0a1c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
they just join the rest under the work bench in my garage, waiting for the day I take them to the boot sale, which never seems to happen. Occasionally the mrs has a rummage, tries the charger for a drill/driver Ive retired and takes it upto her stables to screw in a panel a horse has booted out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to what can you do with old cordless drills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hey all, Excuse me if I get some facts wrong, I'm a complete noob when it comes to anything other than replacing radiators. We're about to get PV Solar Panels (~6kw) and a large battery storage array (2xTesla Powerwalls for ~27kwh storage and ~10kw output). I'm looking to replace my old...
Replies
Views
Hi, Trying to locate a straight version of this angled adapter/reducer for a shower. The (cheap) shower came with these angled ones (see attached image). The idea being that you can adjust to straighten up the bar mixer if your pipework isn't coming out the wall straight. Stupid really...
Replies
Views
A number of issues have been raised from a boiler replacement. Boiler not operating and with no pressure. Tile damage Sprawling pipe layout in kitchen (Retrospective view of alternate option when it was found that promise of removing pipes from airing cupboard could not be fulfilled). Battery...
Replies
Views
Hi all Relatively new to install work having been heavily biased to boiler service and repair for the last 12 odd years. I have some powertools, which I've used for the odd install or upgrade, but am finding myself stuck, often, with what I currently have. So I'm after advice. I currently...
Replies
Views
Hi, I regularly browse this forum but I don't think I have actually posted. I have seen it mentioned but I am actually looking for first hand experiences on the Milwaukee M18CHPX. As I am a sole trader (as well as being employed), and I need a new cordless sds, I was going get the 36v Bosch...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock