Discuss what can you do with old cordless drills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I have a Makita BHP 453 cordless drill and battery. It is worn out and whenever you turn it on it smells of burning.

I also have a Bosch GS13 18-2-L1 professional cordless drill which I got wet and although I tried to dry it out, it only works occassionally

I have since bought another Bosch drill

Does anyone know anywhere that repairs drills ? I think the Bosch is retrievable

Or is there anywhere that recycles them. It seems a waste just to throw them out?

Thanks

Paul

Sell them to Ermi.
He's a tool junkie.

P.S. Yeah, and before Ermi gets it in.
"It's better than being just a tool."
There, said it myself:)

Last edited:
If you have to trash them, then your local council dump will have a place for electrical goods for recycling & a place for the batteries - which are supposed to be properly recycled anyhow as hazardous.
There's not a lot to the works inside drills & worth opening them to see if worth fixing. Sometimes a careful clean, some grease (where needed) for gears etc & new brushes if worn out.
If motors are knackered, just recycle the lot.
Brand new cordless drill bodies - even the professional models, are very cheap anyhow. It's just the batteries that cost.

Last edited:
Croppie will have biggest robot?

Take them to Hilti think u still get ÂŁ100 of new tool .

We should build a UKPF one. Between us I reckon there's enough skill and knowledge to make a good go of it.

Skill yes......

Knowledge aplenty.....

The ability to agree on how to build it...... Not a prayer.........

Croppie could drive it? Bit like "knockahomer " in Simpsons?
ae99027dc1ecbe326758c55b8deb0a1c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to what can you do with old cordless drills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hey all, Excuse me if I get some facts wrong, I'm a complete noob when it comes to anything other than replacing radiators. We're about to get...
Replies
Views
Okay. So I have a ground floor shop and second floor flat for sale (potentially). No major need to get shot of them, but not a lot of point...
Replies
Views
Hi, Trying to locate a straight version of this angled adapter/reducer for a shower. The (cheap) shower came with these angled ones (see...
Replies
Views
    • Agree
FIXRADIO - Tunes Request Thread - The PlumbersForums.net official unofficial tunes request and shout-out thread. This isn't something we've...
Replies
Views
Hi all - Got an old Worcester bosch 28i rsf combi that struggles to light - especially from cold. When heat is demanded, the pilot light fires up...
Replies
Views
Back