Search the forum,

Discuss what can you claim as a sole trader...... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumbdoctor

when claiming millage can you claim the return journey home or is it just one way ? also any thing else that can be claimed that may not be obvious.

You can claim for everything that's work related think you need to chat to a business adviser or accountant they will help you to claim for as much as you can

Hey plumbdoctor

You can claim for anything you like, whether those nice people at HMRC will let you have it is another thing entirely !!!

when claiming millage can you claim the return journey home or is it just one way ? .

That depends,if all you do is the repair work required ,you can but if you end up making mad passionate love to the customer,then that's classed as private abuse on the way back ,you can still claim wear and tear though:joker:

If you use your van/car for private use aswell as business then you have to keep seperate records of each use. So do your shopping on the way home from work ;)

thanks guys i will be keeping a little book then lovely stuff :)

i keep a small note book in van door and log milage, petrol,keep recipts in etc.... you could probably find an app for this i guess if you are into them geek phone things.

Clothing, using your home as an office, accountants fees, tools, insurance, training, telephone, bank charges, entertaining customers, etc, etc, etc.

Best to use an accountant.

You can even claim a % of your mortgage if you are brave enough!
An accountant may seem like just another expense but they will save you more on tax than they cost.

I know people who keep their own accounts and do their own tax returns and then moan about the amount of tax they have to pay. If you are self employed you employ an accountant who saves you money in the long run

cleaning stuff like soap powder etc , van cleaning etc back rubs :) keeping fit lol i pay 175 a month for book keeping , tax returns and payroll . dead easy i give them abox of recipts and a usb of quotes and invoices then sit back an relax . best thing i ever did

If you are self employed working on your own, you pay to accountant ÂŁ150 only once a year to do the job.
If you work for someone else and he pays your tax, there is not much you can claim, as your employer should supply you with everything

just keep receipts of everything all your fuel, materials, work wear, you can also claim some of your household bills by saying you use it as your office, i think its a 1/5th of the bills. Anything you do that is work related keep the receipt

my van is for business use only(honest) so that makes it a bit easier than having to seperate the receipts

What annoyed me is you can't claim for your gas exam ccn1 and the rest, you can only claim for exama and training if your not aquiring a new skill.

You need to be careful if you declare you home or part of it for your business as this then is taxable when you come to sell it.

Clothing, using your home as an office, accountants fees, tools, insurance, training, telephone, bank charges, entertaining customers, etc, etc, etc.

Best to use an accountant.

might be easier to get yourself on a basic level bookkeeping and accounting course (course fees are claimable!) and do it properly so you don't lose out. I did it over 20 years ago have done my own sole trader books since then (now retired and do very little paid work). You should be able to get your books kept by a professional for less than 10 quid a month (which, again, is claimable) and use the online tax facility which will lead you where you need to go.

Just get a good accountant and dont speculate about what you can and cannot do , You do gas they do accounts end off . It really gets my goat speaking to smart Alexs who think they are clever and ripping off the tax man . PAY YOUR TAX and sleep easy , works for for:punk:

If you give your local jobcentre a bell they will be able to arrange for you to meet with a business adviser for free. It's well worth the time to give you an idea of what records to keep etc. It's best to go with a list of questions.

The one I saw a few years ago showed me how to keep an account book and even ran a full day course on book-keeping which I think was free also.

Claim everything you can, legally of course and I mean down to the last penny. Remember, `we`re all in this together`.

how long does it generally take to get your tax rebate ?? just submitted my accounts and im due a rebate i think

I use an accountant and it's usually a couple of weeks from when I return the final signed document to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to what can you claim as a sole trader...... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was prosecuted after Hereford Trading Standards Team found that he was falsely claiming to be on the Gas Safe Register when he was not, putting members of the...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
S
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock