Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss What are the dangers of using 15mm gas pipe on Condensing boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rizme

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just been to a property today and the the boiler has 15mm gas pipe, The boiler has been recently installed its a Vaillant ecotec plus 24. I need to let the landlord know, but don't want him to think I am trying to pick out mistakes on some one else's installation.
Would appreciate list on danger or risk by having 15mm pipe on the boiler.

Many Thanks

Honestly if you cant answer that question you shouldn't be anywhere near a gas pipe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I would of said that you haven't done all gas Saftey checks on this boiler

If you did you would have concrete grounds to approach the ll with reasons for ID

I would of said that you haven't done all gas Saftey checks on this boiler

If you did you would have concrete grounds to approach the ll with reasons for ID

Just reading through the manual for the boiler and it just says use adequate size pipe it doesn't sayuse 22mm pipe.

just to clarify. I was in the property to do some other work. I haven't touched the boiler just saw the installation.

If you do your basic gas Saftey checks you will see what's wrong with this

Just reading through the manual for the boiler and it just says use adequate size pipe it doesn't sayuse 22mm pipe.

just to clarify. I was in the property to do some other work. I haven't touched the boiler just saw the installation.

If you were competent and GSR, you would know what the potential problems are.

If you're not, then it's not your responsibility to mention it.

How much gas can 1m (or 2 or 3) of 15mm pipe pass? Basic stuff. Not having a go at you, we were all clueless at one time, but get your head back in the books and learn.

How much gas can 1m (or 2 or 3) of 15mm pipe pass? Basic stuff. Not having a go at you, we were all clueless at one time, but get your head back in the books and learn.

It's all physics and dependable on a number of factors.

Is the pipe rack end fitting in place or not and if so, is it tight on the rack?
Is the vehicle in front stationary or not and if not, how fast is it travelling?
How heavy is your van compared to the vehicle in front and what is the differential speed at the point of impact?

During the crash, does the length of pipe actually pass the vehicle in front or does it fly over it instead?

Blah, blah ...

There was a thread awhile ago about installers using 15mm gas pipes to feed combis!

If i remember alot of guys admitted to doing it at one point or another, with adequate gas inlet pressure & gas rating, and pressure drop readings within regs...

It's all physics and dependable on a number of factors.

Is the pipe rack end fitting in place or not and if so, is it tight on the rack?
Is the vehicle in front stationary or not and if not, how fast is it travelling?
How heavy is your van compared to the vehicle in front and what is the differential speed at the point of impact?

During the crash, does the length of pipe actually pass the vehicle in front or does it fly over it instead?

Blah, blah ...

You nutter!! LOL.

As I remember you could have max 3m of 15mm pipe to the 17kw boiler.
But really m8 if you are in thes room you should know the basics.

Just been to a property today and the the boiler has 15mm gas pipe, The boiler has been recently installed its a Vaillant ecotec plus 24. I need to let the landlord know, but don't want him to think I am trying to pick out mistakes on some one else's installation.
Would appreciate list on danger or risk by having 15mm pipe on the boiler.

Many Thanks

Is there any other appliances like fire or hob? does it interfere with those appliances? What is the KW of the appliance on max rate? Unless it is causing problems with other appliances then it is at max AR, If it the only appliance and the KW or analyser readout is not affected then it is N.C.S, If there is another appliance and it is affected then it would be ID

I am interested to know why this would be ID

It wouldn't be ID. but that wasn't his point. The point is that the OP should know how to tell whether it is a problem by doing the checks.

Personally I don't see a problem with 15mm pipe work provided its a short run and there's sufficient pressure and there's no other appliances connected. Again, this is where you need to know how to check its safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What are the dangers of using 15mm gas pipe on Condensing boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock