Discuss What are the best makes of kitchen taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

R.Oak

I know very little about this side of plumbing. What do you guys think are the better makers of kitchen taps. There are so many around im unsure which ones are best. Im looking for high quality taps without paying a fortune for them. Any advice would be great. Thanks

Seconded,I always go with Bristan ,even at home,never had a problem but if you did ,you know customer services are first rate and parts will always be readily available in the future

Gone off Grohe stuff the last few years

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO bristan stuff isn't as good as the price suggests , I had them out 3 times last year.( One bar mixer and two taps )

Bristan or franke. If you look on the Bristan website and find the product code of the item you like put the code into Google and I am sure you will find the item cheaper.

Beware of the Bristain easy fit taps talking to sales staff in Graham's today more reported pop offs

franke for me, generally I think if its quite a heavy tap and feels all nice and stiff and has good chrome plating then it is a good tap , don't know why I think this tho! haha

Taps these days are all pretty much shyte. Even the so called good brands. If you/they like the look and design of them buy them. They all work and when they start playing up bin them. We are in a throw away society.

talking of kitchen taps i had a strange one the other day while doing a boiler service the custard asked me why the kitchen sink made a noise when the upstairs taps were used
when i had a look it appears that when the pressure is of, the kitchen tap starts to drip and vibrate a little seems the lack of pressure behind it allows the ceramic disc to part a little

Grohe are the best I have fitted, but I agree with other posters that they are not what they were. However, I will explain why I have always tried to use Grohe (Bristan are ok for mid-range) over other brands. I live in a soft water area so brass is prone to dezincification - Grohe use zinc treated brass and sometimes bronze alloy, so they are durable in these soft water conditions. In addition, Grohe taps are 'non-splash' which is a great user benefit, especially on high pressure systems. Thirdly, Grohe, being German, have meet min requirements for sound, hence they are virtually silent in operation on high pressure systems. Finally, being one of the major brassware manufacturers in the world, Grohe parts are nearly always available.

If you actually mean the best kitchen tap on the market, its the same as it has been for the last 40+ years.

Pegler 159 BS1010 X head sink tap

Still sold as separate hot and cold taps.

MPEX3C.jpg

Re-washered every 10 years, and reseated every other time its re-washered, that tap will live longer than any member of this forum

If you actually mean the best kitchen tap on the market, its the same as it has been for the last 40+ years.

Pegler 159 BS1010 X head sink tap

Still sold as separate hot and cold taps.

View attachment 20770

Re-washered every 10 years, and reseated every other time its re-washered, that tap will live longer than any member of this forum

i prefer the bib cocks none of that struggling under the sink and high enough to get a proper bucket under

Beware of the Bristain easy fit taps talking to sales staff in Graham's today more reported pop offs

+1 of our taps did the same last week.

so in short all new tap are rubbish..nip down scrap yard or reclaim yard and buy something from seventy years ago..yeh right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What are the best makes of kitchen taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, first time poster so if there is any additional information I can provide that may help, please let me know. Our kitchen mixer tap has...
Replies
Views
Forgive my ignorance, with this basic question, but I seem to be struggling to both understand, search for, and source, the appropriate washer...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have a kitchen mixer tap unit with older washer type inserts which has a dripping cold side. I have a pair of replacement ceramic inserts to...
Replies
Views
Hi folks I need to fit a kitchen monobloc tap temporarily. A new sink unit will be going in soon so this will just be a stop gap. The current...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock