Search the forum,

Discuss Wet vac connexions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wilson dd

just bought wet vac
how do you connect up to wet vac for draining rads
is it hose pipe say a meter lenth stick in vac flexi tube and tape it to seal hose to vac flexi tube
or is there a connection to buy thanks regards dd

HOW DO YOU CONECT VAC TO RAD AS FLEXI PIPE TOO LARGE TO STICK IN RAD hows the connexion made please

i can empty trays etc tanks that easy its how you connect to taps 15 and 22mm tube and cylinders as the flexi hose provided will either be to large for a cylinder to fit in or just slip over a tap with lots of space any help air locks

I just turn on my george and use the flexi end under the valve and crack the nut, it sits there sucking away, normally 1 rad for a full george unless its over 1400 and a k2. stick a nice waterproof dust sheet over the carpet and have a towel handy, normaaly not needed.

I just turn on my george and use the flexi end under the valve and crack the nut, it sits there sucking away, normally 1 rad for a full george unless its over 1400 and a k2. stick a nice waterproof dust sheet over the carpet and have a towel handy, normaaly not needed.

how do you connect onto taps forb air locks as mentioned in other posts and drain a cylinder with in with no drain off thanks for your reply dd

isolate both valves,
remove vent plug
stick flexi pipe on there and open each valve til yet get water through

but for air locks, i usually just turn off all other rads and run the pump, 9/10 it gets rid of them

Crack nuts and put under it!

If its got good suction ul get no dribbles:)

what about cylinders and dhw thanks with no drain off

I use a section of 15mm pipe with a 100 degree bend in it, rubber hose attached to end. Smash a hole in the cylinder, with plenty of towels around the bottom, then syphon the cylinder down, quicker than a normal drain off

I use a section of 15mm pipe with a 100 degree bend in it, rubber hose attached to end. Smash a hole in the cylinder, with plenty of towels around the bottom, then syphon the cylinder down, quicker than a normal drain off

brillant lads thanks for your help regards dd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wet vac connexions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Got a nightmare situation with a central heating system I recently adopted. It's an open vent system with a combined F&E pipe, with a Worcester greenstar danesmoor 18/25 oil boiler. Covers 10 radiators mostly large double panels, some towel rails and smaller rads too, as well as an...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I made a few days ago but can't seem to find I'm in a bit of a bind with my CH design where I want to sort all of my rads and do some other bits including fitting a filter but I'm stumped on how to drain down due to how the system is put together...
Replies
Views
M
Hi.I have 6 caste iron rads and want to connect them all the lines are in with the stubs sticking out of the wall. There are two manifolds down stairs each with 6 pipes each so it looks like each rad has a flow and return. From the manifolds 2 pipes go back to a baxi gas boiler . What valves...
Replies
Views
Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with the experience I have picked up over a lifetime. I can make copper pipe runs isolaters taps sink shower etc but me and the missus have bought a small...
Replies
Views
Hi, fitting a back to wall toilet in a small cloakroom. The soil pipe is a vertical clay pipe about 20cm from the wall and so I will have to build boxing to be able to fit the toilet to the wall (this will hold the concealed cistern). I bought a flexi 90deg pan connector for back-to-wall...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock