Discuss Weird hot water issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a proper head scratcher isn’t it

It's almost as though whoever fitted the new boiler and or taps, also fitted a TMV (under the bath) which is playing up.

Nope thought TMV but nothing there

Hi,
You could put a check valve on the hot supply to the bath to eliminated cross-flow.
might fix or will allow you to rule out the issue for little cost.
Cheers,
Andy

Thanks for the idea but on single taps what will a check valve do?? Am I missing something

Are there any other thermostatic fittings in the property. I had an instance where a broken shower mixer was affecting flow in a similar way. Also check the rating of the boiler DHW flow rate as it may only be capable of raising it through 35dgC @ x flow and pressure. If either flow or pressure drop off the boiler may not be able to cope.

Good shout on the shower mixer. But he said that the pressure doesn’t alter at all on the flow through out the ten minutes

Yeah and the boiler continues to fire. It’s almost as if the hot water is diverting elsewhere but it’s not

Yeah and the boiler continues to fire. It’s almost as if the hot water is diverting elsewhere but it’s not

Ehup pal , the big one ... has this happened since the new boiler was fitted ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Weird hot water issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Evening All, Been having on and off issues with a Greenstar CDI classic Combi were the hot water is not heating up but only intermittently. Some...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am probably being unduly paranoid here but I noticed under our kitchen sink that there is some corrosion evident on a small section of...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and just some background on myself. I have 4 years experience as a plumber but haven't worked in the trade in 15 years. I...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock