Discuss Weird hot water issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley

Super Moderator
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Scratching my head a bit with this one. I don’t know if anybody has come across this before. Bath in a property has very basic nonceramic taps when she runs h & c, hot runs cold after about 10 mins. It’s off a combi boiler sonoy a lack of water. When she run just the hot tap it runs continuously hot.

Hope somebody might be able to offer a pearl

Low water pressure???

is there a mixer tap or shower could be draing the cold water through one of them

I did think mixer tap or shower but it’s so strange that it runs perfectly for 10 minutes and then goes cold but only when the cold bath tap is on. Boiler is a new Biasi combi ( not fitted by me I hasten to add). Flow belts out Of both the hot and cold taps And hot does need to be throttled back to achieve piping hot

Cartridge on what mate?? There are no thermostatic mixers?

Sorry just realised I didn’t say that the hot and cold taps are completely separate.

Identical doesn’t drop off. If full open then easily 15/16 litres if throttled back to achieve piping hot then 10/11 litres at good temp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Weird hot water issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Evening All, Been having on and off issues with a Greenstar CDI classic Combi were the hot water is not heating up but only intermittently. Some...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am probably being unduly paranoid here but I noticed under our kitchen sink that there is some corrosion evident on a small section of...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and just some background on myself. I have 4 years experience as a plumber but haven't worked in the trade in 15 years. I...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock